Working DOF

Discussion in 'C & C Gallery' started by jcdeboever, Sep 11, 2020.

1. paigew

paigew Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    What on earth makes you think I went off thread?? That is just a ridiculous statement. I commented a useful critique on the image. Every thing I typed here had to do with the image in question. It was YOU who tried to start drama with me, making righteous posts about being "too good" for editing and other completely non backed up nonsense. The only one who went off post was you with your condescending reply to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    And that is part of the problem, the OP was looking for feedback on the process "what the depth of field could add to a portrait" and "My goal was to sculp the subject with a speedlight to create separation", not the image per say, or what could be done to edit/fix the image presented. Having reread the OP, I believe he was consistent with guideline #2 of the C&C gallery "please let us know what you were trying to achieve with your shot. Letting us know why you took the shot helps us understand your creative thought process, which will inform how someone might respond". Maybe you missed it, maybe it could have used clarification.

In any case your statement "Photos are not meant to be shared SOOC," was incorrect and in contradiction to the work of the OP and many others on the forum. Then you compounded confusion saying "You do not choose either or (good SOOC/editing) you do both. I am a firm believer you should strive to get your shot to look perfect in camera" . Apparently I'm not the only one who took issue with your comments as Vintagesnaps said "I don't understand saying you shoot SOOC and then edit/post process every image. That's not necessary; I often do NO post on a digital image. None"

As to drama or condescending you made statements that I and many others disagree with, rather then accepting it for what it was you went on to offer up an argument based on Wikipedia without apparently fully understanding or ignoring the whole process, and offering basic editing instructions without knowing or understanding the skill levels of those you were commenting on.

I have no quarrel with you other then disagreement with your statements and as stated earlier, no desire to continue this on someone else's thread. Again, if you'd like to continue on PM, or if you'd like to start another thread I'll be happy to discuss why I disagree with you, but as to comments here I really am done.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit

Moderator Notice

Please all remain respectful toward each other even when disagreeing. Critique is about sharing our perspective on creative works, both artistic and technical. People are free to put forward their viewpoint and debate/argue their case, but at no point should we get bitter if people choose not to agree with our stance. Agree to disagree and move on. Spend your energy helping rather than arguing.

• Agree Agree x 2