Working on editing.....CC Needed

cconner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my wife, so be a easy. Looking for ways I could have made this better.

Should I post the original?

This started out as a photo I took for her US Passport image, I simply worked the original to practice on post processing.

US Passport Photo Requirements: Neutral Stance, No Smile, No Emotion, and 2x2 crop (thats why I whacked her limbs off)

Attachments

• $Molly Edit.jpg
    $Molly Edit.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
I think your editing looks fine. I think its the pose that could be improved. Shoulders square to the camera are not flattering to women especially, and her arms look a little awkward.
Very pretty lady btw.

I would clone out the lint on the dark T-shirt...black fabrics of that type are always a pain as far as lint and pils. I dunno...it looks okay...I tried a Vintage New York desaturated look, which I thought looked good.

Very beautiful lady and the processing looks okay to me. Like Amanda said, the pose isn't the best for her. Could have used that space above her head to not cut off her arms at the joints, though.

Also, has anyone told her that she looks like Catherine Bell (Mac from the old TV show JAG)[FONT=arial, sans-serif]?[/FONT]

I should have stated in the beginning about the pose.

My wife had to renew her passport and this is the image I took that were within the guidelines of the US Passport office.

No emotion, square, and no smiles!

I worked this image only to practice my post technique, and put no emphasis on the pose as it was poor. The Passport office loved it, of course the non edited version that looks like crap.

Edited OP

Last edited:
Not with you Derrel on the desaturated look. I agree on the shirt.

Last edited:

me neither. She looks like the living dead. Your shot is fine. I would crop it tighter and focus more on the face. do an 8x10 crop

me neither. She looks like the living dead. Your shot is fine. I would crop it tighter and focus more on the face. do an 8x10 crop

I dunno if I'd say she looks like the living dead, but it's not flattering to her. It brings out the imperfections in her skin tone and makes her look tired and splotchy.

OP I like your processing the way it is, nice job. Although... yes, the lint could go. Haha.

I dunno if I'd say she looks like the living dead, but it's not flattering to her. It brings out the imperfections in her skin tone and makes her look tired and splotchy.

OP I like your processing the way it is, nice job. Although... yes, the lint could go. Haha.

#blackshirtproblems

#blackshirtproblems

That's my life everyday.

You should see my black hoodie right now.

Cat hair... Lint... Now icing (I just had a cinnamon bun, haha).

My wife had to renew her passport and this is the image I took that were within the guidelines of the US Passport office.

No emotion, square, and no smiles!

The Passport office loved it, of course the non edited version that looks like crap.

Edited OP

Looks like a smile to me. Not full of teeth, but warm.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back