working on my website

jasonkt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been working on my website's design, trying to keep it simple and functional. Want to take a look? JASON KIP Photography - Home Page

I'd appreciate any critique if you have the time to check it out, and let me know what you like/dislike. I'm using it as a general portfolio, basically to introduce myself to people at the moment. I am not really actively seeking work right now, but I hope to in the future.

The thing is I haven't settled on exactly what I want to focus on...and that's reflected in my website with the 4 different categories on the main page. I don't think that would be good for getting one type of work, so I do plan to change it down the road.

Good or bad, I'm all ears...

Thanks for the help!

i do not like the buttons at all...thought about flash....i like it when it flows more....consider all the small icons on the same page with the enlargement of the actual photos instead of bringing up another window...i hate it when that happens...as far as the buttons yeah i really dislike them....be more keen to something like a bar across the top of the pictures instead of individual buttons....stick with the colors if u want goes with the logo...which i like....but if u can at all tinker with flash look into that...or even some flash site downloads for free....

i would use better images on your front page... when i look at photographers sites, i base everything on the first images displayed... and the ones on your front arent the type that would make me stay on the site.. they arent bad, there are just better ones on your site..the ones i'd change are the chick and the kid..

and i gotta agree with rdz.. the buttons arent so great.. they just seem very "mid 1990 homestead created site"

I do agree about the buttons, that is the critique I was looking for. I'm going to look into flash today and see what I can learn this week.

i would use better images on your front page... they arent bad, there are just better ones on your site..the ones i'd change are the chick and the kid..

I am thinking about changing the picture of the kid, but I do like the picture of the chick...which pictures did you like better than that one? I didn't do the pp on that picture, maybe I was impressed enough with it that I wasn't critical enough of the image.

Thanks for the comments!

Honestly, it looks like someone someone made on a Saturday morning after reading a guide on HTML.

Most reactions

Back