World Youth Day

passerby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just incase you don't hear about the Catholic world youth day, it is occuring at this moment here in Sydney Australia. It will last until this sunday or monday but the main event was today where the Pope made a major speech in the front of the pilgrims and well wishers.

I wanted to go to take pictures, but as a public servant we are not allow to take leave except for good reason. But that was not a real drama. I was still going to take a few days "sickie" for shooting under the unholy plan :lol:, but the rostering clerk gave me extra days work which
make it even harder to absent. Anyway, because I work therefore I passed them all the time while on payroll, which is not bad at all. I saw they sang the songs and they dance the dance. They happy and I am happy.

I could not take camera to works since I am on afternoon shift, it is useless in the evening.

Australia is not a Christian country now and infact many people are so hostile to them, but I am not. When I was in the meal room among work mates who were talking ill about them I said I wish them well and I wish them all the success in this major event. I was asked since when I became one of them?

It is nice you know to be able to love people unconditionally when there are humans with the hearts that are so hard, harder than rock. Imagine if we can do caring the strangers in the very large scale, don't you think it is nice?

Btw, I want to see the picture from any of you about this event if you have any.

That's all for this thing and back to photography, for fun :D.

my major problem with WYD isn't because they are Catholics, but because the general public is funding it. Also politicians have become involved and it creates a problem with separation of church and state. Then there is the major disruptions and inconvenience to several hundred thousand people who have no interest in WYD. Interestingly they changed the name of this event from Catholic World Youth Day to appear inclusive.....then there is the hypocritical message of the Pope about being greedy, hording wealth etc etc. The facts about the wealth and power of the Catholic church are well known. Happiness comes from within, not from some promotional event! I wonder if the promised benefits will materialise....you know pilgims spending bags of money and brand Sydney gaining the world attention the pollies were hoping for.

You right this is a public funding which I heard cost the tax payers something like $180 millions. September last year too Sydney was the host for APEC sitting that cost a lot of money. We were given one day holiday back then because many city areas were locked down for security purpose. That was public funding. In 2000 we had the olympic which as you know also paid by tax payers.

There is close connection between this kind of major event with the voters attitude. But this WYD was booked 8 years ago. I do hope something good come out from it for all sides. In that case 180 millions is small price to pay.

Whatever it is - let the Spaniard to feel the pain in 2011, and we going to sit here and watch with great pleasure :lol:.

There is close connection between this kind of major event with the voters attitude. But this WYD was booked 8 years ago. I do hope something good come out from it for all sides. In that case 180 millions is small price to pay.
apart from the estimate 250million spent by attendees.

Whatever it is - let the Spaniard to feel the pain in 2011, and we going to sit here and watch with great pleasure :lol:.

hoping to attend that one myself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back