World's Biggest Coward

SCraig

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
sc-photo-tn.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My 2-year-old cat Casey is the worlds biggest coward. He struts around like he's the king of the house but those of us who know him know better.

A little while ago he spied a fly and decided there was no WAY that fly was going to live in his house. He swatted at it and chased it down the hall, and I heard him scratching at the wall and jumping. Then a minute later he came FLYING down the hall headed for the living room .... with the fly right behind him. World's biggest coward.

I missed the word "cat" on my first read through. Totally made it a different experience. :lmao:

I missed the word "cat" on my first read through. Totally made it a different experience. :lmao:

Yeah, I can see how it would!

He's a hoot, and I love him to pieces, but he is SUCH a coward. The doorbell rings:Zing! Gone! An Owl hoots: Zing! Gone! Anything: Zing! Gone!

We have a cat seat on one of the windows and he lays there in the sun a lot and sleeps. One day he woke up and there was a squirrel sitting on the window ledge outside. He came off that window seat and somehow made the turn into the living room in the air. He was running sideways because his back feet were trying to pass his front feet.

Aww! He does sound like a hoot!

Plus, he understand that squirrels are well known for their superior fighting skills.

Plus, he understand that squirrels are well known for their superior fighting skills.

I thought Squirrels were lovers, not fighters? :sexywink:

I think the squirrel was asleep to. It never moved when Casey launched off the window seat ;)

He is a hoot, but he's my buddy to. Here is one of his best "It wasn't me it was the other cat" innocent looks.

2012-03-11-12.jpg

Sounds like my 20lb little terror... Door bell, or the UPS guy.. and he is GONE! Squirrels don't bother him though... although he hasn't had one get in his face either! lol! He just sits at the window and "kak kak kaks" at them... "Kak Kak Kak" is Savannah for "YUMMY, I think!

Casey MIGHT be descended from this line of cowardly kitties...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like my 20lb little terror... Door bell, or the UPS guy.. and he is GONE! Squirrels don't bother him though... although he hasn't had one get in his face either! lol! He just sits at the window and "kak kak kaks" at them... "Kak Kak Kak" is Savannah for "YUMMY, I think!

Oh he's brave as hell in the window as long as he 1) Doesn't wake up and see them staring at him, and 2) Knows for a certainty that the window is closed.

Casey MIGHT be descended from this line of cowardly kitties...
That's perfect! That's exactly how he ran when he woke up and saw the squirrel staring at him. His back end tried to pass his front end.

In all fairness, he was a street cat for part of his early life. He was 4 months old when we got him, according to my vet, and had been hanging around the office of one of my friends. My friend knew we loved cats and asked if we would take him and I agreed. To be that young and have the whole wild world to scare you with nobody to turn to has to be rough. He was alone on the street during the July 4th holiday of 2011 and fireworks or thunder still absolutely petrify him.

He's ADORABLE though, so he's got that goin' for him!

My oldest one isn't a scaredy-cat, she's just so completely indifferent that she can't be bothered. I'd blame it on old age, but she's been that way for years. Bug, mouse, squirrel, bird--doesn't matter. She just looks at them with this complete disinterest, refusing to expel even the slightest bit of energy towards chasing it. I believe a mouse could actually stand on her and she'd just look at it like, "Well, BOTHER. That's a bit annoying. Oh well."

The younger one will chase things, but if she catches a bug, that's when she freaks out a little bit (she's never had to chase a mouse, thank goodness!).

He's ADORABLE though, so he's got that goin' for him!

My oldest one isn't a scaredy-cat, she's just so completely indifferent that she can't be bothered. I'd blame it on old age, but she's been that way for years. Bug, mouse, squirrel, bird--doesn't matter. She just looks at them with this complete disinterest, refusing to expel even the slightest bit of energy towards chasing it. I believe a mouse could actually stand on her and she'd just look at it like, "Well, BOTHER. That's a bit annoying. Oh well."

The younger one will chase things, but if she catches a bug, that's when she freaks out a little bit (she's never had to chase a mouse, thank goodness!).

He is a special one. He meets me at the basement door every day when I get home wanting his daily wrestle with my hand and his daily tummy rub. He loves to prowl the basement and act like he's a great white hunter, but as far as I know he's never caught anything. After today I know why!

Your oldest sounds like our adult female. She's getting over a pretty serious surgical procedure and doesn't have a lot of energy to spare right now, but even when she was at her peak she never bothered chasing anything. She MIGHT open one eye to see what was buzzing around but that was pretty much the extent of her effort.

We had one that was death on bugs though. She would chase ANYTHING and usually caught them. Even if it took her all day she would stay after them until she got them.

Aww! He's pretty!

Cgipson, I'm sure Mishele would tell you that the two are not mutually exclusive!

Aww! He's pretty!

Cgipson, I'm sure Mishele would tell you that the two are not mutually exclusive!

Yes, she would! And when did you stop calling me Charlie? ;)

Most reactions

Back