worthy of an enlargement?

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
im going to try to go get a 11x14 made of this shot, and i was wondering if you think it is worth it. I've noticed some things in the shot that are a tad bit disconcerting. I can see the effects of a flash on the petals and shadows for instance. Do you think its fine? Honestly, would it have been as distracting if i wouldnt have mentioned it? I know i should just print off a shot if i like it, but i want it to be good if i'm going to put it up on a wall all the time. Its not that expensive to get prints either, i just want my very first print to be at least a little nice looking (it is such a landmark in my life, as you must know).

here it is:
contrastbwrose.jpg

here is the original before i shrunk it and edited it, so you can see detail:
100_4398.jpg

thanks!

I say print it, hang it and enjoy it.

Good shot... Then six months from now you're think it's pure @#$% but you'll have better shots to put in that frame :) ;)

I second the views of Jadin and Doc. If in doubt print it! I believe you have a fine photo here. The lighting is only a little questionable. The beauty of putting work on the wall is that you can kill yourself investigating the flaws. Naturally said flaws are then translated into your next shot. Meaning that the next time you shoot a flower the photo will be stronger because you will know exactly what to look for and correct it.

Hey dude, that is a nice picture... I can almost smell the flower.
I would print it and have a thick white matte so it would stand out.

thanks guys

nice idea quark! welcome to tpf :)

allright, reaaaal quick, last question about this photo. I changed some contrasts to get the one in the frame. From looking at that and the original also posted, which one do you think is better? should i go back to the original or keep the framed version?

I like the one in the frame more. The background was darkened enough to rid the flowers showing through in the back and strengthens the shadows on the petals. Just watch the whites from being washed out.

How big are you going to print?

Most reactions

Back