OP
Photo Lady

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What is the application?
I will try to find out details if that's what you mean..thanks,, Tamron AF 70-300 mm F/4-5.6 DI LD Macro 1:2 ..thanks

pendennis

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yes, it will work fine with the D500. I have the lens, and did own the D500.

OP
Photo Lady

Photo Lady

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
OP
Photo Lady

Photo Lady

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
mostly for macro.. thanks

Strodav

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
It will work, but are you sure you want it? I just looked it up on DxOMark.com and for that lens on a D500 you will get 7mp perceived. The Nikon version is a bit better at 8mp.

OP
Photo Lady

Photo Lady

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
It will work, but are you sure you want it? I just looked it up on DxOMark.com and for that lens on a D500 you will get 7mp perceived. The Nikon version is a bit better at 8mp.
I just wanted to get it at a good price to have another lens to play with.. not new.. I am looking for a new lens for xmas.. I have not decided on that one yet.. but used a good price in good condition..would be fun for now.. thanks

Strodav

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just wanted to get it at a good price to have another lens to play with.. not new.. I am looking for a new lens for xmas.. I have not decided on that one yet.. but used a good price in good condition..would be fun for now.. thanks

If you are looking at used, try KEH.com. They have a fair grading system, you can purchase a 2 year warranty at a reasonable price, and you have 14 days to return it with no questions asked. I got my 600mm f/4 from KEH.com

OP
Photo Lady

Photo Lady

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

If you are looking at used, try KEH.com. They have a fair grading system, you can purchase a 2 year warranty at a reasonable price, and you have 14 days to return it with no questions asked. I got my 600mm f/4 from KEH.com
thanks yes I have heard they are very good.. I may even see if they have my xmas present there.. I believe in saving..

Joel Bolden

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have the lens for my Pentax and used it quite a bit until I could afford the Pentax 55-300 versions. It's a nice enough lens for the money, but my versions(I had two of them) were subject to fringing and the Macro isn't a true macro. Minimum focusing distance is around 32 inches and actually that worked ok for closeups of the flowers/plants/insects I used it for.

OP
Photo Lady

Photo Lady

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I have the lens for my Pentax and used it quite a bit until I could afford the Pentax 55-300 versions. It's a nice enough lens for the money, but my versions(I had two of them) were subject to fringing and the Macro isn't a true macro. Minimum focusing distance is around 32 inches and actually that worked ok for closeups of the flowers/plants/insects I used it for.
thank you ..that's very good info to know.. I am bidding on one.. if it goes off in my favor I will get it.. if not I will try for more macro in some other lens..

Space Face

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
mostly for macro.. thanks

I have no knowledge of any Tamron lens as I've never had one but as stated above, it's not a true macro lens. You will likely struggle to get detailed shots of small subjects from the mfd of 32".

If you want a lens predominantly for Macro get a dedicated Macro lens. Alternatively, consider a Raynox attachment, extension tubes or lens reversing mount for cheaper options.

OP
Photo Lady

Photo Lady

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
thank you ..that's very good info to know.. I am bidding on one.. if it goes off in my favor I will get it.. if not I will try for more macro in some other lens..
I ended up getting it for a bargain...as long as it is as good a condition he stated.. so I have it on the way..now I will look for a new lens..but this will take me awhile to decide which one..all suggestions welcome ..price around $500..thanks

Most reactions

New Topics