Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
with a Nikon d500 ? thanks

What is the application?

What is the application?
I will try to find out details if that's what you mean..thanks,, Tamron AF 70-300 mm F/4-5.6 DI LD Macro 1:2 ..thanks

Yes, it will work fine with the D500. I have the lens, and did own the D500.

mostly for macro.. thanks

It will work, but are you sure you want it? I just looked it up on DxOMark.com and for that lens on a D500 you will get 7mp perceived. The Nikon version is a bit better at 8mp.

It will work, but are you sure you want it? I just looked it up on DxOMark.com and for that lens on a D500 you will get 7mp perceived. The Nikon version is a bit better at 8mp.
I just wanted to get it at a good price to have another lens to play with.. not new.. I am looking for a new lens for xmas.. I have not decided on that one yet.. but used a good price in good condition..would be fun for now.. thanks

I just wanted to get it at a good price to have another lens to play with.. not new.. I am looking for a new lens for xmas.. I have not decided on that one yet.. but used a good price in good condition..would be fun for now.. thanks

If you are looking at used, try KEH.com. They have a fair grading system, you can purchase a 2 year warranty at a reasonable price, and you have 14 days to return it with no questions asked. I got my 600mm f/4 from KEH.com

If you are looking at used, try KEH.com. They have a fair grading system, you can purchase a 2 year warranty at a reasonable price, and you have 14 days to return it with no questions asked. I got my 600mm f/4 from KEH.com
thanks yes I have heard they are very good.. I may even see if they have my xmas present there.. I believe in saving..

I have the lens for my Pentax and used it quite a bit until I could afford the Pentax 55-300 versions. It's a nice enough lens for the money, but my versions(I had two of them) were subject to fringing and the Macro isn't a true macro. Minimum focusing distance is around 32 inches and actually that worked ok for closeups of the flowers/plants/insects I used it for.

I have the lens for my Pentax and used it quite a bit until I could afford the Pentax 55-300 versions. It's a nice enough lens for the money, but my versions(I had two of them) were subject to fringing and the Macro isn't a true macro. Minimum focusing distance is around 32 inches and actually that worked ok for closeups of the flowers/plants/insects I used it for.
thank you ..that's very good info to know.. I am bidding on one.. if it goes off in my favor I will get it.. if not I will try for more macro in some other lens..

mostly for macro.. thanks

I have no knowledge of any Tamron lens as I've never had one but as stated above, it's not a true macro lens. You will likely struggle to get detailed shots of small subjects from the mfd of 32".

If you want a lens predominantly for Macro get a dedicated Macro lens. Alternatively, consider a Raynox attachment, extension tubes or lens reversing mount for cheaper options.

thank you ..that's very good info to know.. I am bidding on one.. if it goes off in my favor I will get it.. if not I will try for more macro in some other lens..
I ended up getting it for a bargain...as long as it is as good a condition he stated.. so I have it on the way..now I will look for a new lens..but this will take me awhile to decide which one..all suggestions welcome ..price around $500..thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back