Would Anyone Want to Help Me With This?

This is the 2nd thread ruined by this ridiculous topic. Why are members going to want to keep logging on and sharing their ideas if every thread turns into getting the third degree about copyright. Assume the poster has done his/her due diligence unless proven otherwise. I'm new to this forum and have already started looking for a new one because of the communities general attitude.

To keep it on topic. OP I can't wait to see your results! Please repost when you do. I like the direction as it stands.

Anyway, moving on. Here's a redo with the clock moved back a bit. I added some contact shadows at the base and a shadow for the lamp itself (going off to the right). I decided to keep the clock straight because I thought it looked better and fit the image more. My only problem now is that the photo feels unbalanced, or like its empty. I want to give it a minimalistic feel, but it seems like its lacking something. I thought like a fog would be cool to add, but with the white background it's hard to pull off. I also thought a line of the clocks going back into the distance would look good, but I just don't have the photoshop skills to pull that off either. Any comments/suggestions again would be great!

(Sorry for the link again...)
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx300/ChrisTheFirst/A2.jpg

Anyway, moving on. Here's a redo with the clock moved back a bit. I added some contact shadows at the base and a shadow for the lamp itself (going off to the right). I decided to keep the clock straight because I thought it looked better and fit the image more. My only problem now is that the photo feels unbalanced, or like its empty. I want to give it a minimalistic feel, but it seems like its lacking something. I thought like a fog would be cool to add, but with the white background it's hard to pull off. I also thought a line of the clocks going back into the distance would look good, but I just don't have the photoshop skills to pull that off either. Any comments/suggestions again would be great!

that one actually looks really good

that one actually looks really good

Thank you!

Nice job on that. A few suggestions you might play around with ...

- I liked the idea of a Salvador Dali send-up, so maybe bend the clock a little?

- Make the contact shadow around the front of the base (of the clock) more sharply defined. Contact shadows don't fuzz out that way.

- Make the cast shadow darker near the pole and gradually lighter into the background.

- Make the cast shadow sharper near the pole and become gradually more blurred into the background.

- The grayscale pole is fine, but my personal preference would be to add a little touch of color; I picked up the red from the subject.

View attachment 17257

Ahhh, the shadows really helped - I knew something was off with them. The bends look good too. You were able to keep it realistic looking yet still funky - what I wanted to do in the first place :) . As for the color, I'm not sure I'm a fan of that. I wanted to keep the red band the main element of color, and I feel like the red pole takes away from it. Personal preference I guess. Thank you for the edit though!

Nice progress! I'm no good at photo shop so I can't fathom the work it would take to make it perfect. I really like the concept. If possible a re shoot with an actual clock would be ideal. Maybe a grandfather or some sort?

Nice progress! I'm no good at photo shop so I can't fathom the work it would take to make it perfect. I really like the concept. If possible a re shoot with an actual clock would be ideal. Maybe a grandfather or some sort?

I was thinking that too. I don't own a grandfather clock unfortunately but I do own a big clock that looks similar to the one from the stock photo. I just like the look of it on a post.

Well you're off to a good start. If you can't get it to where you're happy then shelf it and keep it in the back of your head. If you can find a old clock down the road you can re shoot. Even if it's in bad shape, I can imagine an old busted up clock serving very well.

Also.. Maybe if everything wasn't so sharp. Maybe if the background were out of focus that would help with the look and pull it together.

I'm saying this only once and it is the last post in this thread on the topic - you want to take it further you PM me about it direct- no further posts in the thread.

The forum admin and moderators have always and will continue to uphold the rights of other members and other people by defending their rights to copyright over their photographic, artistic, musical etc.... content to the best extent we are able to. If users ever find images that violoate or might violate copyright of another person/party then they should REPORT the post using the report feature (small triangle icon with a ! in the middle in the lower left corner of every post). Users should not attempt to call each other out in public or start raising random accusations as such disrupts the site, derails threads and can often lead to problems when there is no copyright violation that has taken place.

Further I would remind users that CC or Creative Commons Licences are fully legal and optional licences that many artists use to allow limited distribution rights on their images on the internet. If a user is using another CC licensed image then they are fully free to do so provided that they uphold the conditions of the licence and always link back to the original source.

Now back to your regular thread.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back