would I notice?

MxerMerin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would I notice the difference between a Canon 5D and a 1D MKIII when shooting fast outdoor sports like Motorcross? Is there a significant difference in quality of the picture? Should I even get a full frame sensore camera? Glass dosnt matter as I shoot pentax now. My only complaint that I know about is I want faster write speeds, or a bigger buffer. I am not a Spray and pray shooter looking for movie like fps. Everyone is going to say, "which ever feels best," or "a profesional would just know." But please remember, I have never used a full frame camera. I have read the specs. But just don't know if it would make a difference in sports photgraphy. Feed back from a sports photographer who uses either of these cameras would probably be great. If you think I am looking at entirly the wrong camera, then let me know about you profesional sports rig. Thanks everyone for your opinions.

you mean 5D and 1D mkIII

But it's irrelevant if you shoot pentax...your lenses obviously won't fit on a Canon...
I'm confused.

The number one camera for sports is the 1D, so ya...there must be something about it. It gets crazy fast FPS, super big buffer, dual digic processors, most advanced options. The only question is...what's wrong with your current setup?
If you have fast glass on a good camera, I doubt you'll need to upgrade unless you want more FPS.

Thanks I fixed my spelling. Yes I want a faster write speed or a bigger buffer. I know my lenses won't fit, I only have two, so ther is no big deal in switching to canon. But my pentax is also only 6.1 meg pixel. I want a better quality picture as well.

Thanks I fixed my spelling. Yes I want a faster write speed or a bigger buffer. I know my lenses won't fit, I only have two, so ther is no big deal in switching to canon. But my pentax is also only 6.1 meg pixel. I want a better quality picture as well.

OHHHHH!!!

Why not go for the 40D? cheaper, and you can still get 6FPS for up to 75 shots. Great image quality, as well.

Did you look at the D3/D300 option?

agreed. While I shoot canon and think the mkII is an amazing camera (btw, you should definitely go for the mkIII. it has wonderful quality, and the fps on the 5d is far too slow for sports.) However, the new d3 has set a new standard. 12 mp, 9 fps, virtually noise-free at iso6400 (capable of 25,000 (and some change, but I forgot the exact #)) and its full frame. All that and its only a few hundred dollars more than a mkIII.

Most reactions

Back