Would like criticism please

Black and White. Sorry, I should have stated it. You can do this in most photo processing programs if you're using one. Your camera may even have the option to shoot in B&W too, just check around your menu.
oh duh what was i thinking. yea im using PSP, and my camera has the option as well. ill play with it some tomorrow. thanks

The last one the shutter speed was way too fast. I wasn't there to gather how much light there was but ISO 200 should have been good but the 1/1250 shutter speed was too fast to allow enough light. A more interesting picture would be if you lowered your aperture to less than 8 and focus on the one flower or plant whatever that is so you get the nice blur. Sorry if this seems harsh I definitely don't mean it to be.

The last one the shutter speed was way too fast. I wasn't there to gather how much light there was but ISO 200 should have been good but the 1/1250 shutter speed was too fast to allow enough light. A more interesting picture would be if you lowered your aperture to less than 8 and focus on the one flower or plant whatever that is so you get the nice blur. Sorry if this seems harsh I definitely don't mean it to be.

no no, not at all. this is the kind of information i look for. the greater the better.

thank you.

my biggest thing was shooting there is that areas in the background with the sky were getting blown out, i was just trying to avoid that.

also, how did u know what speed i was using? lol :D

no no, not at all. this is the kind of information i look for. the greater the better.

thank you.

my biggest thing was shooting there is that areas in the background with the sky were getting blown out, i was just trying to avoid that.

also, how did u know what speed i was using? lol :D

I was behind you watching you....no that's just creepy.

Most pictures have a file embedded called an exif which tells info about iso, shutter speed, aperture, all that stuff. If you use Firefox, just google Exif Viewer Add on and download it. After you do, you can right click a picture, go to view exif and there it is.

I was behind you watching you....no that's just creepy.

Most pictures have a file embedded called an exif which tells info about iso, shutter speed, aperture, all that stuff. If you use Firefox, just google Exif Viewer Add on and download it. After you do, you can right click a picture, go to view exif and there it is.

you were, dont lie. :lol:

haha i knew there was something encrypted but i didnt know you could view it. sweet, thanks! ill download in on my computer. im at school now :thumbdown:

i think next semester since i have to stay full time for internship purposes i may take a photography class :mrgreen:

nothing too special about this. couldnt get a really good original, so just did a lot of playing with this one.

is it good? no, was it fun? yea. lol so anyways, comment if you want.

wineglass.jpg

thanks. didnt come out like i wanted honestly, but nevertheless learning as i go. :)

what i notice as a noob is the reflection in the first wine glass is somewhat distracting. but, the lighting was pretty decent on the back deck of our apartment so i figured id deal with the reflections from the sky, etc for decent lighting.

Yeah I noticed that too it gave some ghostly quality. Did you use a tripod? If you wanted it a bit brighter I noticed your ISO was a little low for that kind of light setting. You're shutter speed indicated that since it was set at 1/5th. I still like it the way it is though.

Yeah I noticed that too it gave some ghostly quality. Did you use a tripod? If you wanted it a bit brighter I noticed your ISO was a little low for that kind of light setting. You're shutter speed indicated that since it was set at 1/5th. I still like it the way it is though.

this is where im confused. what exactly does ISO control? i didnt even think about adjusting it honestly. shows my noobness.

thanks though :D

edit: nvm, i actually found an explanation which made sense on ISO

this is where im confused. what exactly does ISO control? i didnt even think about adjusting it honestly. shows my noobness.

thanks though :D

edit: nvm, i actually found an explanation which made sense on ISO

It's pretty easy to understand, even if it's just follows the idea that "Low light= Higher ISO" and "Bright light= Lower ISO". Be aware that a lot of digitals cameras produce a noticeable amount of noise on ISO 800 and above though.

When I first got my cam, I was messing with everything and forgot I had to set the ISO, so none of my pics were coming out (low light settings). I was kinda pissed I just blew all this money and the cam took crappy pics. Then I remembered to set the ISO and it made everything much better. Could've read the manual beforehand too, but that's not like me.

I didn't read through the entire thread, but from the first post, I liked the daffodil, but saw it needed a bit of work. Your profile says it's okay to edit your photos, so here's my take on it:

daffodilledit.jpg

I did a slight adjustment in levels and applied a high pass filter (radius 15) with Overlay in layers, set to opacity 73%. I think it isolates the flower better from the background. I'd probably crop it to, but didn't think of that while I had it in Gimp :p

I didn't read through the entire thread, but from the first post, I liked the daffodil, but saw it needed a bit of work. Your profile says it's okay to edit your photos, so here's my take on it:

I did a slight adjustment in levels and applied a high pass filter (radius 15) with Overlay in layers, set to opacity 73%. I think it isolates the flower better from the background. I'd probably crop it to, but didn't think of that while I had it in Gimp :p

wow, i have no idea to "overlay", ill have to read up :lol:

wow, just learned a bunchhh about my camera on ken rockwells website and a few others. cant wait to get some decent lighting and go practice, hopefully tomorrow :)

He really seems to like the D40 so I assume he has some good reading on it. I bought the D60 even though he said it wasn't worth it. Using his name around here seems to make people...upset? I found his site to have some good info though.

Most reactions

Back