Would like some CC!

hsphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had a shoot with a friend of mine - I'd love some CC on the images!

Exposure 0.001 sec (1/1600) Aperture f/8.0 Focal Length 70 mm ISO Speed 250

Exposure 0.003 sec (1/400) Aperture f/7.1 Focal Length 105 mm ISO Speed 250

Exposure 0.001 sec (1/1600) Aperture f/5.6 Focal Length 98 mm ISO Speed 250

1 and 3 seems to have a lot of flare that visibly reduces the contrast.

I like the idea in 2, but you've lopped off the very top of her head, and you've got some seriously blown-out highlights combined with lost details in the shadows (hair).

Sun glare just kills pics 1 & 3. Pic #2 you managed to clip the top of her head. Was this done on purpose or did you just miss it?

Many use flash (at a fairly high power setting) for photos like #1 and #3.

Also using the horizontal framing diminishes subject scale in the image frame. #2 isn't as bad in that respect as #1 and #3.

The top of her hat in #3 lines up with the horizon, which I find "off", for lack of a better term.

Thanks for the critiques :) I'll keep that in mind when I go out again. I was actually trying to make the sun flare apart of the picture, but I see it's not a very good idea... lol

Besides what's been said, her body position in #3 is pulling me out of the frame. I'm all in favor of breaking the "rules", and I don't mind a subject's body being angled toward the edge of the frame rather than the center of the frame as long as her head/eyes lead you back toward the middle of the frame. Here she's looking straight at the camera, so I get the feeling some gnomes are pulling her through the bottom right corner of the shot and she's watching you waiting for you to help.

I do like the composition of #1, though I'd recommend a bit less dead space over her head. And I like the composition of #2, though here I'd leave more headroom. I don't have as much of a problem with chopping off the top of people's heads as some viewers do, but to me that's much more appropriate to do in a studio shot than outdoors, where the rest of the scene is clearly open and airy.

Most reactions

Back