vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Picture061.jpg

I'm new and all so I'm not sure how sound my advice is, but here it goes anyways. I think it looks very nice. The cyan hues in the foreground compliment the sky very nicely. I was going to say that taking a longer exposure to bring out the colors of the sunset might help, but I really like the serene tone the slightly muted colors bring to it. That's about it from the 2:30 am top of my head :)

What is that green in the lower part of the lake? Is it a wall? Is it part of the lake?

I would like to see this one without the post processing.

It's a lovely scene out there, but I think this one might be better served without the brick and wall in the foreground. :)

But, that's just me! :p

brick and wall... i was sitting here trying to figure out if it was sand or a wall or something else. The brick is cool, but the wall really messes with the viewer. The colors, tones, and composition was done very well as always.

This is one of your more darker shots, i prefer them a little lighter to get really pulled into the details of the image.

I love the composition, Vonn. And all the colors work very nicely together. It's almost abstract; sometimes when I look it's just bands of color and texture.

What focal length were you using? My own flavor would have been to use a long focal length to compress the forground down a little, and allow a little more sky in the image; kind of weight it towards the bottom. On the other hand it might also be interesting with all four bands composed so they were exactly the same size. I'd like to see this image really big.

I just realized something as I was looking the image over again... this is a sunset pic! and I usually hate sunset pics! That may be the best compliment fyou can get from me; I was so mesmerised by your image it didn't even register that it was a sunset pic. :lol:

hi -:)
i like the division idea of a composition a lot, (im in the 'pro - brick and wall' group -:) ) - i think these lines works very strong , especially the one between wall and water.
i also like the conception of this one. I mean i like how the 'subtle,delicate' meets 'tough', but this is just me maybe... -;)

But theres one a bit distractting thing for me here... ( i know you couldnt do much with this while taking the pic -;) ) ...but...assuming that the pic's composition is based on horizontal lines, very straight , strong lines - the line between wall and bricks appears a bit curved...and this is the only distracting thing for me.....the rest is just perfect.

The longer I look at this pic, the more I'm thinking the wall is a bad application of Flaming Pear's flood plugin. But it doesn't bother me how the art was made--Art is Art as far as I'm concerned. The result is beautiful. I enjoy surealistic creations very much

was going to say that taking a longer exposure to bring out the colors of the sunset might help, but I really like the serene tone the slightly muted colors bring to it.

This is one of your more darker shots, i prefer them a little lighter to get really pulled into the details of the image.

What focal length were you using

I would like to see this one without the post processing.

wow, these are some great responses, thanks so much for your replies! This is actually a sunrise. I took 3 of these shots, each at f/4.0 45/secs. This is on my 8k walk to work each day. I wish I had my tripod i would have tried alot of different shots, but alas, work and my steady paycheck beckons so I only had time for a couple of snapshops.

Postprocessing all i did was lighten the image.. it was quite dark and its still heaps darker than most pics i would have take. I usually muck around with saturation, but i loved the muted colours here so I left them.

It's a lovely scene out there, but I think this one might be better served without the brick and wall in the foreground.

i like the division idea of a composition a lot, (im in the 'pro - brick and wall' group - )

lol, must admit i am pro wall myself, mainly for the reason i am bored with 'typical harbour' scenes, need something different to challenge me. I realised i didn't take anyone w/o the wall.

But theres one a bit distractting thing for me here... ( i know you couldnt do much with this while taking the pic - ) ...but...assuming that the pic's composition is based on horizontal lines, very straight , strong lines - the line between wall and bricks appears a bit curved...and this is the only distracting thing for me.....the rest is just perfect.

damn kiwi construction workers, can't build a straight platform :oops: :D

My own flavor would have been to use a long focal length to compress the forground down a little, and allow a little more sky in the image; kind of weight it towards the bottom. On the other hand it might also be interesting with all four bands composed so they were exactly the same size.

good suggestions, but i don't know when i will see this scene again... the background where the ships are are actually mountains that where obscured by mist. Any other day it just wouldn't have the same geometry.

I just realized something as I was looking the image over again... this is a sunset pic! and I usually hate sunset pics! That may be the best compliment fyou can get from me; I was so mesmerised by your image it didn't even register that it was a sunset pic.

:LOL: had a good chuckle when i read this. It was actually a scene that really caught my eye, most days i am pretty immune to sunrises/sunsets here because they are so typical. Seeing the wall and and the brick flooring frame up the background really looked different so i snapped a couple of shots.

The longer I look at this pic, the more I'm thinking the wall is a bad application of Flaming Pear's flood plugin.

not quite sure what a flaming pear is :scratch: but i hardly ever use plugins for pshop, i am quite old school :lol:

:eek:ldman:

The result is beautiful. I enjoy surealistic creations very much

cheers :D

I really like it. I found myself straining a little to make out the boats, especially on the left. This was slightly distracting for me. I like the wall, although for about a second it looked like a very smooth wave just before cresting.

Perhaps if you could isolate the boat area and ever so slightly increase brightness and contrast to make the boats more visble. Might be worth a try anyway. Or maybe a couple of light passes over the boats with the dodge tool on about 3%.

Hi Vonnagy,

I like it just as it is!!

I think the wall and the bricks add variety and stop it from being another sea/ships picture!!

Most reactions

Back