would love some C&C-thanks!

In general, you seem to really be losing highlight details ('hot tone curve') in general. Since you've given the ok to edit your shots, here's an example with the brightness cranked down. Notice the difference in face detail.

4831889420_cbea36bc0f.jpg

Way to crank down that iso! Very good, sharp focus. Colors are spot on. Are these just RAW PP? or did you go into PS and edit them? I'm still trying to figure out if this type of PP can be done just by editing the RAW image data.

I don't shoot RAW. They are JPG with PP in PS. Thanks for the feedback! I have started using back button focus and that has made all the difference in the world for me. Thanks!

In general, you seem to really be losing highlight details ('hot tone curve') in general. Since you've given the ok to edit your shots, here's an example with the brightness cranked down. Notice the difference in face detail.

4831889420_cbea36bc0f.jpg

Hmm...I haven't heard of "hot tone curve" before, so i am going to do some research. :)

I like the pose and the background in #6, but the shot is slightly crooked.

Hmm...I haven't heard of "hot tone curve" before, so i am going to do some research. :)

I was quoting someone else here when I used the phrase 'hot tone curve'. I don't know how standard that particular jargon is. I took it to mean what I also observed, that your highlights were cranked up too far. If you think in terms of curves, the high end needs to be dropped down some. In terms of a brightness control, the slider needs to be moved to the left (i.e. reduced brightness).

I was just going to say that that picture is my favorite! Try to straighten it out a bit more I'd say. Great use of rule of thirds..great back ground, and great colors! The only thing I would like to see is maybe a little more space above and below, but it looks good this way as well.

I like the pose and the background in #6, but the shot is slightly crooked.

That photo has been bugging me too. I think the crookedness might be what it was. I tried to straighten it. What do you think?

Before:
4834671203_6c20f18a19.jpg

After:
4835801543_be5af0950e.jpg

IMO, after seeing what the image was before and your after edit, I think you did a good job to remove a lot of the visual cues that show a slant. I'd prefer more room around her head and feet (essentially, the amount of space you had in the original picture), but understand why you cropped it out. I like it.

Ahh! there's a floating hand attacking your daughter in #6!!!

lol It's a little akward no biggie though.

BB focus ROCKS I still haven't perfected my use of it yet but I'm working on it. I LOVE IT. works with my grip also. Just learned about it 2 weeks ago on here!

Ahh! there's a floating hand attacking your daughter in #6!!!

lol It's a little akward no biggie though.

BB focus ROCKS I still haven't perfected my use of it yet but I'm working on it. I LOVE IT. works with my grip also. Just learned about it 2 weeks ago on here!

Oh my gosh! i totally see it. that photo is going to drive me crazy now!

I just can't understand why you wouldn't use BBF all the time! I don't think the camera should even have the option of "half-press re-compose" :)

Oh and just to clarify she's not my daughter. My LO is only 16 months! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back