Would Love Some Feedback On my Sports Photography

If you are using the 50mm for it's speed, don't be afraid to try other lenses and up your ISO to 1600. Unless your printing large photos you can easily get decently clean shots. Just make sure your exposure is correct.

lose the vignette

How are these photos I did not do much pp on them and they have no vignetting at all :D

If you move fast enough, you won't get hit! by Caleb Farley, on Flickr

Right Hook! by Caleb Farley, on Flickr

Nation Champion Ugur Eyili! by Caleb Farley, on Flickr

When shooting the second image I had my shutter speed to low , lightweights are just so fast lol :D Not the same emotions thought, will be going to the regonials soon and won't be fighting so I will be sure to shoot some more their, nationals as well. If I had more time I would like to try other sports... But I am training 18 hours of the week... :D

MUCH better without the vignette! I personally hate it and with all the editing I have done I can't say I've ever used it. Good action shots!

Nice work. Overall, I really think you really need to shoot with the lens wider open. The pictures are a little busy-looking and there's a lot going on in the scenes. Better blurring of the backgrounds will help the viewer focus on the subject.

The only issues to me are the overuse of vignetting and the busy backgrounds as well. You seem to capture the action very well

MUCH better without the vignette! I personally hate it and with all the editing I have done I can't say I've ever used it. Good action shots!

Thank you very much, I like some of the edited pictures but sometimes it is not called for like in the images above. For some reason I LOVE very contrasty action shots :D

Nice work. Overall, I really think you really need to shoot with the lens wider open. The pictures are a little busy-looking and there's a lot going on in the scenes. Better blurring of the backgrounds will help the viewer focus on the subject.

I personally like a lot of things going on in a photo but only a certain amount, some of my images have TOO MUCH going on and I know it, most of the images were shot between f/2.0 - f/2.8 when my lens can go down to f/1.4 but than the image is really soft and I like sharp images. The ring ones were shot with my 55-250 which fully extended is f/5.6 but when shooting it's usually around f/6-8. You do get a decent amount of DOP but it's not mt favorite... I want to get a canon 70-200 f/2.8 but I am only 15 and all my money goes to going to tournaments etc. :D

The only issues to me are the overuse of vignetting and the busy backgrounds as well. You seem to capture the action very well

Thank you very much! I know I am trying to change that with my newer images :D As I said I LOVE a lot going on but not to much like I have in some of my photos I will try to do better in my upcoming images :D

Having some motion blur can really add to a sense of motion and power like in Pow, Boom, Bam!

Most reactions

Back