Would love some feedback

Unmanedpilot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, brand new here and relitively new to photography. I have some a few pictures I have taken that I would like to get some feedback on. First few are from a storm that was by recently and got some great photos. Now I would like to start selling photos but im not shure my camera is really that great as far as quality. I have a Kodak Z740 with 10x optical zoom, and its a 5mp camera. I understand that its the person behind the camera that makes the photo but camera quality really can limit what you can do.
Here are the first few:
Lightningbaw-073.jpg

(little overexposed, lightning is quite hard to get perfect :lmao:)

Lightningbaw-089.jpg

(My best shot of the night)

As I said those were from a storm a few nights ago settings of the camera follow:

8 Second exposure
7.1 F-stop
80 ISO
5mp pictures from 2000+px wide to 800 so the originals have better quality and the first image was cropped.

Something elce I am interested in is aviation and I have some pictures form a trip to an airport recently,

ATCpics-026baw.jpg

(Boeing 737 at Tucson Intl.)

ATCpics-014baw.jpg
(F/A-18 TOP GUN aircraft at Tucson-Intl)

I know these are a little bright thats beacuse I set the camera to auto, I would do some color correction for final products.

I am wondering if iI were to try and sell these would they be sold? Or do I still need some work on general composition and camera quality. All feedback will be greatly accepted :D

#2 is by far the best

The airplane shots just dont do anything for me sorry, you are correct, they are too bright and washed out I think Airic on here can really give some great pointers he has some fabulous shots of planes and stuff!

On another note...Where in Tucson do you live? I lived there for 7 years! My mom and sister are there as well. I went to Rincon HS back in '86

Speedway and Pantano, right by Van horne Elementary and Udall park :D

Thanks for the feedback, I agree about the planes but if I do some work on them it may get better, ive posted in airline photo forums and they wernt the freindliest bunch :wink:

So now if i tryed to sell the lightning photos do you think they would be any good?

Hey I know exactly where you live! LOL There are some beige apts there right? If Im not mistaken those are the apts my husband lived in when we first met!
Keep tryiing for the lightning shots...best place to go is the foothills up north on a dark road, wait for the monsoon to roll in over the city, you can get some spectacular shots from up there! Not to mention the sunsets! Step down your exposure and time a little bit so the lightning wont be so blown out. Although Ive only ever gotten ONE bolt of lightning ... EVER .... I have found that the best vantage points are higher up and further away so you can actually get a scope for the enormity of the storm and not only that you also get more of a chance for multiple bolts of lightning too!

Good luck!!

Heya, Unmanedpilot, welcome to ThePhotoForum.
You were really lucky to get those lightning photos, wow.
Mostly so that second one - each time I look at that one I begin to fear that flash of lightning might shoot out of my screen and right towards me!

As to selling your storm pics ... check out our member wxnut and shoot him a PM, he might know... he takes storm photos.

The lightning is great! The second one looks like it was close enough to make the hair on your arms stand up, or at least smell the ionized air.

Welcome to the forum...really diggin the lightning shots, especially the second. Nicely done.

jwkwd said:
The lightning is great! The second one looks like it was close enough to make the hair on your arms stand up, or at least smell the ionized air.

it almost did.... :lol:

Anyway I have more shots on another forum if your interested and there is a large storm comming through today and should provide some more pictures.

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=photos;action=display;num=1154033517

Sorry for the long link but I got some nice pictures on there.

Once we get our main car back (we have a rental and ive gotta be 25 to drive it, im only 17) I'm thinking of heading up towards the mountians to get a good vantage point. So far my back yard has gotten some nice shots though :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back