Would love your C&C

Kempe Photography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
THERE ARE NOW PICTURES ON PAGE 2 PLEASE C&C IF YOU HAVE TIME, THANKS

Hi all,

I have no idea how to put pictures up, so please if you can, go to Kempe Photography and tell me what you think... I'm still a beginner looking to get better and looking to invest in a mobile studio. To get the results I have, I edit quite a bit to get the high key effect...

I would love your C&C Please!

Mostly of my daughter, niece, nephews...

Last edited:
You have your own nifty website but don't know how to post photos to an internet forum? :scratch: You have some decent shots there from what I previewed. I noticed a couple that looked washed out from the lighting/flash. Post one or two here and you might get some feedback from some experienced photographers (i.e. not me) :lmao:

Yes, can do my website, but made by a company that makes websites...So I only designed it, didn't do all the coding and html...

I'm also a beginner in photography and my input that I can give you from your family section is that I feel like the colors are being washed out by over editing? I can't get that much detail and possibly overexposed? An example would be the picture of the couple kissing where you can barely make out the lines in his forehead. It just seems like it lacks detail but like I said, I'm by no means a professional so maybe you should take this advice with a grain of salt.

I agree with others. Post a few pics here that you want C&C for. I viewed your site but I don't know which ones you want C&C for. :) Read the sticky it will help you post them. If not let me know which pics you want C&C'd and I would be happy to post them for you. :)

Kempe
i like your website. simple format and very appealing. the stars of the show are all delightful. the poses and characters captured well - i assume many potential customers liking the energy of your work immediately. for me, nearly all the monochrome shots are wonderfully toned..or artistically high key. the color shots seem to me less elegant but more energetic and offbeat. you have two different styles there to offer but they also go well together as a pitch. not so sure how to ID possible faves but the monochrome of the kid with denim shoulder straps and ..maybe the snorkel, color picture.

Not too bad, some are just to high key for my tastes

Sorry to rain on the parade here, but the current How-To visual guide to posting a picture on here is a total FAILURE. Why????

Because the screen captures that illustrate how to do it are MISSING AN ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL last step!!! So, to all those, over the past few months, who have so smugly been referring people to this "visual guide" on how to post, take careful note: the Screen Captures the guy posted are INCOMPLETE,and flat out WRONG:

What's missing? His screen caps show pasting in the URLS, but have cropped out the last, critical piece of the puzzle for many people, Namely, that is is essential that the URL ends with [/IMG] Take a LOOK people, the screen captures were made with the posting window not a full width, and d not show the currently requisite FULL paste-in requirements for posting an image. The instructions are WRONG!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/core_17/pictorials/PPStep4.jpg

So, the very clever poster who took on this project put up a tutorial that does NOT SHOW the proper format for getting images to post. HE SCREWED UP his screen captures, and failed to do a useful tutorial. So,referring newcomers to this epic fail is fruitless. I am not trying to single out people in particular here, because I have seen numerous,numerous people referring newcomers to the above visual guide, which is itself a failure. After wondering why so many people did not "get it", I recalled that the last person I helped was Keith Foster--who was the last person allowed to post in the sticky beforew it was locked; Keith told me it just wasn't working right. I had garnered how to do it by looking at raw HTML code, which is a view that not everybody is familiar with. The number of posts over the past six months referring to this visual guide is amazing--and what's amazing is that people have been simply pointing "thattaway buddy!" but not checking in, and not even describing how to post.

If we had a *****complete and accurate****** set of screen caps showing the
, then maybe there wouldn't be this problem over and over for months and months; the original post went up THREE years ago, and it is STILL wrong to this day, in 2010.

I quote, "How good are you at reading stickies?" as a taunting post, and counter with, "How good are YOU at spotting useless instructions that FAIL to provide the needed information?"

Last edited:
Normally when I notice a problem I try pming a mod or reporting the thread or the feedback section - rather than rant.
Also the tutorial is based around using photobucket as a hosting site (as well as then going on to refrence the upload feature for paid members of TPF) and thus including the full code details was not included since the process from Photobucket is to copy the image code box text - where all the text is complete in full

It would be more accurate to say the tutorial is incomplete and more helpfull to offer to aid in enhancing it.

Normally when I notice a problem I try pming a mod or reporting the thread or the feedback section - rather than rant.
Also the tutorial is based around using photobucket as a hosting site (as well as then going on to refrence the upload feature for paid members of TPF) and thus including the full code details was not included since the process from Photobucket is to copy the image code box text - where all the text is complete in full

It would be more accurate to say the tutorial is incomplete and more helpfull to offer to aid in enhancing it.[/quote]

Uh, sorry, but the "rant" is well,well,well deserved: we have had a flat-out ERRONEOUS how-to visual guiide up for THREE YEARS now, and dozens upon dozens upon dozens of people have been chided and deride and snidely referred to a tutorial post that does NOT show the proper way to get a photo to appear! Three, solid years, and multitudes of people attempting to follow a visual guiide where the guide's creator did not show the correct ending html code, thus frustrating basically every single person who followed the flat-out wrong directions. THose newcomers were treated very rudely, by many people who, over three years, kept pointing "thatttaway,buddy!"

Sorry if you need to characterize my response as a rant, but three years of the wrong information deserves more than a quiet,mouse-like, excuse me sir, commentary; this issue has come up repeatedly, and the thread was locked in December of last year. People have been pointed "thattaway, buddy!" with basically no help for years now. Just pointing, here's a URL, like it's a Godsend, to a flawed set of screen caps. For three years now....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back