PhilGarber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
philipofnj.redbubble.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all,

Do you guys think people would buy from me if I like, made business cards saying:

Are you an art collector? Do you love Abstract, and Macro photos? Then buy from me! Just go on to: http://Redbubble.com and do a search for 'Philipofnj' (that's me!) and then pick out what you what, and email me [email protected]! (For all questions email [email protected]).

Would they? This is my clever idea I've come up with to market my stuff while avoiding Rebubble Mark-Up and shipping costs (RB's based in Melbourne, AU,:er:). Or is this just cheezy?:(

Thanks,

Phil,

Last edited:
so cheezy that it makes a Nigerian spam-mail look authentic ;)

Seriously if you want to sell you have to be professional in your approach - firstly that means you don't push your product for a sale. A simple card with a direct link to you - saying go here and search is trouble as there is every chance that they will see "better" on the site before they get to yours.
If you are doing orders by e-mail just setup a free/cheap website with your stuff on so you have a www. page -- on there is where you put your order details.
If you want your e-mail on your card say its a contact point.
this might be of interest:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139226

IMO..... Fromage....

most art collectors don't want to visit 3rd party sites and fiddle with you user names...

The questions put forth on your business card sound like some lame tv add and most likely won't be taken seriously by people who pay good money for images...

just IMO though... you might sell a million in your first month... who knows?..

the people that make those lame tv adds seem to do okay.... makes me vomit but someone's buying their crap....

you could set yourself up a free photobucket ac**** - then make a blog or small free webpage - somewhere direct to link to.
Then if you are doing orders via email only you don't need to worry about setting up a shop section (hence why a blog can work) -- however without a shop section and only dealing with e-mail orders might affect your sales

By your own words you are targeting higher end clientele and you are trying to sell a product. This clientele will expect a higher level of service. If you can only offer a freewebs page or free blog, I can promise you that you are not going to sell anything.

This is where the old adage that “it takes money to make money” comes in. You do not need to spend a ton of money, but you do not want other peoples ads on your site and you need some way to process payments.

Customers need to feel they are being served by a professional who knows photography and how business works. A shortcut could hurt you in the future.

well from my point of view "bright photos" tells me nothing of what the photo is about. If you were to say macro, portrate, landscape, dawn portrates, cats, pets, trucks etc.....
I can start to work out what sort of photography you are doing, but bright photos means nothing - I mean does it mean well exposed, overexposed?

Most reactions

Back