Would you be offended???

KaraM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is for those who make their living doing weddings and wedding-related photography. Do you mind if family members take pictures while you are doing on-location bridal portrait shoots (as long as they stay out of the way)?

I actually encourage family photos during weddings, it's just good PR. What I can't have, however, is Mr. Jr. Photographer trying to get on-the-job training at my expense and using MY poses for HIS portfolio. Formal photos (groups) are OK for family members to shoot, and of course, the reception. I've never actually had someone want to go with me on the bride & groom portraits...

of course i mind.

if they get anywhere near close to the same shot as you (which is your creative talent, not their families) then their goes you print sales.

tell them no.

Well I don't mind relatives shooting either so long as they do not get in the way and are not shouting at the couple to look their way whilst I'm getting my shots. So long as they stay back it's fine - although if someone was leaning over my shoulder with professional gear, I'd be feeling pretty uneasy.

I'm paid to do a job and I charge a fair price for the required work. Extra sales for prints are a bonus and I do not rely on them. Nice to get if you can right enough. My images will speak for themselves when compared with Auntie Jessies P&S images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back