Would you buy it?

amr5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After talking with a gentleman who began his photography in the 60's, found he may be ready to sell. Everything. Almost every negative he has made since he began. He was the school photographer, did sports, family photos, historical, everything in our town for a long time. He has them all labeled by month and year. Would you buy them (and at what price, we are talking about thousands of pics) and begin selling reprints?

If the photos are good, and I have the money, then yeah I might buy those. To keep these photos alive, he is going to sell these anyway.

Last edited:
After talking with a gentleman who began his photography in the 60's, found he may be ready to sell. Everything. Almost every negative he has made since he began. He was the school photographer, did sports, family photos, historical, everything in our town for a long time. He has them all labeled by month and year. Would you buy them (and at what price, we are talking about thousands of pics) and begin selling reprints?

If you do buy then make sure you get him to sign something saying that you have the right to prophet off of the sail of prints, or digital copies. You simply having the physical negatives does not mean that you own the copyright to the images.

And what makes you think people are going to buy prints of them from you?

I would not buy them.
Most of what he has is only of value/interest to the people in the photos, or maybe to their immediate families.

Your profile does not indicate where you are. Consequently, making any guesses about value or marketability of the images is not very useful to you.

With copyrights and model releases and the names of each person for identification per photo and a fairly low price, it might be worth it, in a "lightning strikes" "lottery winner" kind of way.

You never know when one of them will be the next nobody that out of the blue marries a star or gets one pregnant or gets pregnant by one or makes the news in some other famous or infamous way, and the media will then kill (and pay large sums) to have a shot of that person, at any age.

Most reactions

Back