would you check it?!?!

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone... you see... I need your help :) :roll: I had to write a book recommendation to my scholl. It is a part of a special project about English/American literature. So... if you'd be so kind and read it, comment, check for grammatical or spelling mistakes I'll be so thankful :)
so here it goes:
Fast paced and fascinating – this is what The Chicago Tribune wrote about The Cardinal of the Kremlin. It is seen as the #1 New York Times bestseller.
Tom Clancy, the same who wrote The Hunt for Red October or The Sum of All Fears has published his new book. And now, Clancy’s done it again – he gave us the book that excites, illuminates… a real page-turner. After reading Cardinal I can honestly say that Clancy’s passion is overwhelming. His sense of cliffhanging is state of the art. This is the most vivid, engrossing book and let me call it a whiz-bang page-turner. I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough to keep up with the action.
If you read Clancy’s book, you will probably have an idea what The Cardinal is about. Another spy-story, that fully describes the Russia’s missile defense system. Another Jack Ryan’s novel. Two men posses some vital data on it. One is Cardinal – US’s highest agent who is about to be terminated by KGB, the second one is able to save him and lead the world to… yes… peace or war.
The book was printed in more than 47 million copies and translated to many languages, but I recommend reading it in it’s original style. Lots of grammatically beautiful sentences and phrases, a little bit of sophisticated vocabulary that will guide you through the crime and spy-fantasy world. For most CAE students this book may seem a bit difficult at the beginning, but after a while, you will be accurately accustomed to Clancy’s style and you won’t have difficulties with proper understanding.
So don’t wait until Christmas – buy it now. You are able to get The Cardinal of the Kremlin in most bookstores for about $8 U.S.
I honestly recommend the 547-page-book for all those who gave a free autumn evenings or are just wanting to spend some time with an English language book

If it's formal, then I have made suggestions below. If it's not formal, then ignore me. LOL.

mentos_007 said:
"Fast paced and fascinating": is what The Chicago Tribune wrote about The Cardinal of the Kremlin. It is seen (by whom??) as the #1 New York Times bestseller. <The paper also claims it is the number one New York Times bestseller.>
Tom Clancy, the same who wrote The Hunt for Red October and The Sum of All Fears has published his new book. Now, Clancy has done it again. He gave us a book that excites and illuminates, real page-turner. After reading Cardinal, I can honestly say that Clancy’s passion is overwhelming. His sense of cliffhanging is state of the art. This is the most vivid and engrossing book. Let me call it a whiz-bang page-turner. I could not turn the pages fast enough to keep up with the action.
If you have read any of Clancy’s books, you will probably have an idea what The Cardinal is about. It is another spy-story, that fully describes the Russia’s missile defense system. Another is Jack Ryan’s novel. In the Cardinal, two men posses some vital data on the missle system. One is Cardinal. He is the US’s highest agent who is about to be terminated by KGB. The second one is able to save him and lead the world to… yes… peace or war.
The book was printed in more than 47 million copies and translated to many languages but I recommend reading it in it’s original style. Lots of grammatically beautiful sentences and phrases. There is also a little bit of sophisticated vocabulary that will guide you through the crime and spy-fantasy world. For most CAE students, this book may seem a bit difficult at the beginning but, after a while, you will be accurately accustomed to Clancy’s style and you will not have difficulties with its proper understanding.
So don’t wait until Christmas. Buy it now. You are able to get The Cardinal of the Kremlin in most bookstores for about $8 U.S.
I honestly recommend the 547-page-book for all those who gave a free autumn evenings or are just wanting to spend some time with an English language book

thank you 2Stupid2duck... I have only one question...
you changed
Another Jack Ryan’s novel
into
Another is Jack Ryan’s novel
Actually Jack Ryan is a main character of the book, and he had already appeared in previous books of Clancy.
So... which one is correct?

oh and I have found one my mistake.. in the last line there should be "for all those who have a free autumn evenings" sorry :)

LOL. Well that proves it was able to be interpretted a few ways.

Try "Another of Clancy's novels featuring Jack Ryan as the main character."

But mate - it's not a matter of correctness. It is a case of tailoring your writing to your audiance. That's why I prefaced my remarks with the comment about whether it was formal or not. Another example is that I didn't get what you meant about Jack Ryan because I have never read any clancy. If you are writing for Clancy fans then they would know that.

Oh.. and my pleasure. I like to help.

And actually, I like to write. If you are bored and desperate, let me know and I will post a link to my fictional book that I wrote and posted to the net for people's enjoyment (I hope).

wow... of course I'm interested in your book... can I have a link?

2Stupid2Duck said:
If it's formal, then I have made suggestions below. If it's not formal, then ignore me. LOL.

mentos_007 said:
"Fast paced and fascinating": is what The Chicago Tribune wrote about The Cardinal of the Kremlin. It is seen (by whom??) as the #1 New York Times bestseller. <The paper also claims it is the number one New York Times bestseller.>
Tom Clancy, the same who wrote The Hunt for Red October and The Sum of All Fears has published his new book. Now, Clancy has done it again. He gave us a book that excites and illuminates, real page-turner. After reading Cardinal, I can honestly say that Clancy’s passion is overwhelming. His sense of cliffhanging is state of the art. This is the most vivid and engrossing book. Let me call it a whiz-bang page-turner. I could not turn the pages fast enough to keep up with the action.
If you have read any of Clancy’s books, you will probably have an idea what The Cardinal is about. It is another spy-story, that fully describes the Russia’s missile defense system. Another is Jack Ryan’s novel. In the Cardinal, two men posses some vital data on the missle (spelling: missile)system. One is Cardinal. He is the US’s highest agent who is about to be terminated by KGB. The second one is able to save him and lead the world to… yes… peace or war.
The book was printed in more than 47 million copies and translated to many languages but I recommend reading it in it’s (spelling: its, it's means it is)original style. Lots of grammatically beautiful sentences and phrases. There is also a little bit of sophisticated vocabulary that will guide you through the crime and spy-fantasy world. For most CAE students, this book may seem a bit difficult at the beginning but, after a while, you will be accurately accustomed to Clancy’s style and you will not have difficulties with its proper understanding.
So don’t wait until Christmas. Buy it now. You are able to get The Cardinal of the Kremlin in most bookstores for about $8 U.S.

Excellent! Two minor misspellings, easily corrected and you're rocking! Don't forget the final period. :wink: :D

WHICH FINAL PERIOD? Do I have to write something more here?!?!?1

mentos_007 said:
WHICH FINAL PERIOD? Do I have to write something more here?!?!?1

:lol: :lol:

Sorry for the confusion I created! I was talking about the "." at the end of your last sentence.

:lol: :lol:

Most reactions

Back