Would you consider that as photography?

categories are cliche.

I have to wonder why it matters what it's called.

I have to wonder why it matters what it's called.

I've already tried to answer this question ;)

"It is not that I care, but other people often do. So I wanted to know how you guys think about it, so I can avoid posting it somewhere wrong/categorizing it wrong.
For example in forums like this there are often Sections called "Graphic Design" and "Photography", and it would be a pain in the ass to make the decision where to post it."

In spoken words it's easy to describe and the category doesn't matter, but in the online world you often have no other choice than categorizing it ;)

Digital mixed media.

It's called a photo manipulation.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

This is such a strange thread... I'm not sure why all the guessing is taking place when this has had a widely accepted term for ~15 or so years now. Photo Manipulation is the correct answer...

Photo manipulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've seen it called this in many books, classes, articles, just about every photography community site...

to maniuplate is a verb.

could he not have used photo manipluation to create digital art (n.)?

Last edited:
to maniuplate is a verb.

could he not have used photo manipluation to create digital art (n.)?

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but as with anything dealing with art there can be a great deal of subjective variance to the classification in any given piece. The generally accepted term of Photo Manipulation describing a photograph that has been altered to achieve an end result that cannot be done with a photograph alone still stands. Can you create a Photo Manipulation from scratch in editing software is what I think your question was and the technical answer would be no.

I reject your terms.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back