Would you give up the camera if you could be an artist?

would you give up photography in favor of being skilled in traditional art forms?

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Maybe (Explain)

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

slackercruster

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, as photogs we are still artists. But, if you can't draw or paint or sculpt would you give up photography in favor of being skilled in traditional art forms? You would just trade your current photo skills with art skills... vote with that in mind. If your a crappy photog you'd be a crappy artist of the same skill level. If you make $200,000 a year as a photog, you'd make $200,000 a year as an artist.

I'd probably still like photography better.

Artist. I can't imagine the amount of work I would have to do to make 200k as a photographer! lol
If I'm painting, the only limitations I have are from my own imagination. ;)

No. A really good artist can draw a street scene in 5 minutes. But, I can stop a bee's wings in flight.

Artist. I can't imagine the amount of work I would have to do to make 200k as a photographer! lol
40 weddings at $ 5,000 a pop.

I don't think I'd give it up entirely, but since most of my effort goes into still life photography, I'd imagine being able to paint or sculpt that I'd still need pictures of my work. ;) So I don't think I'd give it up entirely, but surely the emphasis would shift away from photography as a primary creative outlet.

Yes, because painters never get told that they must have a really nice brush to have painted such a nice painting.

Yes, because painters never get told that they must have a really nice brush to have painted such a nice painting.

Because everyone knows it's the brand of paint that really matters

No, and that's coming from someone who is very artistic.

I love my camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you still have to sell your paintings, I would think it's
much less work for a photo

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back