Would you recognise this?

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Could this qualify as an abstract? And would you know what this is?

HHHafen_Metallspne2.jpg

Seen in a waste container in Hamburg Port.

The blue thing looks like a curved metal but i dont have an idea what it is and silver metal wires around it..

But i think it's a great shot.. well done :)

maybe if you crop it to where you can't see the end of the metal pipe thing.... then you wouldn't know which way is up. :wink:

When I was young my father used to bring home old programs he had for the computers at work. They were 1" by several ten or hundreds of feet of metal ribbon rolled up. If you pulled from the center it looked much like this, not the squiggly stuff but the blue thing. Ahh, memories...

I like it, kinda weird.

Cruzin said:
Having worked as a machinest in my early years, it looks like metal shavings from a lathe. looks cool.

I was just going to say the same thing. The silver looks like aluminum and the darker one looks like some sort of carbon steel that had a little too much feed.

I like this picture for the sheer composition and how the littler shavings make a good pattern while the larger one breaks it up. I still don't know if I'd call it an abstract, though.

It looks like curly film to me with silver streamers all around. I agree that the photo as a whole looks like a party! Very Pretty!

hobbes28 said:
Cruzin said:
Having worked as a machinest in my early years, it looks like metal shavings from a lathe. looks cool.

I was just going to say the same thing. The silver looks like aluminum and the darker one looks like some sort of carbon steel that had a little too much feed.

I like this picture for the sheer composition and how the littler shavings make a good pattern while the larger one breaks it up. I still don't know if I'd call it an abstract, though.
ill third that. looks like one got too hot and turned blue.

md

hobbes28 said:
The silver looks like aluminum and the darker one looks like some sort of carbon steel that had a little too much feed.

That is exactly it.
Like I said: I found it in a large waste container in Hamburg Port.
I so liked the sight, I had to take this picture. It was taken with my zoom lense fully out at 300mm, in the macro version, and like that, camera shake is a frequent "blooper-problem" with me. In addition to the lense wanting much light, the focus is so extremely short, I often "fall out of focus" with my photos.
I sooo feared this one wouldn't come out, and waiting for the "Hamburg Port" films to come back was worse than waiting for Santa at Christmas! :) And it was THIS picture that interested me most - and it DID come out. *phew, biggest sigh of relief*.

I'm happy that you like it, too :)

Great!

I like it very much

But ...compressed too much , lost too many detail
s.... even...the mosaics appeared

Most reactions

New Topics

Back