Would you shoot a wedding with a cell phone?

lance70

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anyone tried shooting a wedding with a cell phone? There is a gentleman at a local bar who said he's getting 7 grand for shooting his friends wedding and using his Galaxy S7....

have you ever seen the results of cell phone pictures taken in low lit churches?
i have.
not pretty. not pretty at all.

besides, who charges their friend $7k to shoot their wedding with a cell phone??
im calling shenanigans on this one.

Good point :) was just checking, maybe it was more common than I thought, had to ask.

Good point :) was just checking, maybe it was more common than I thought, had to ask.
Someone made a video about doing this. I don't have the link now, but you can find it. Because the phone is so good, don'cha know, and he's so good, also don'cha know.

Fact check
  1. At a local Bar.
  2. Charging 7k with a cell phone
  3. Doing it for a friend
Yup, pretty safe assumption this is the alcohol talking. Lots of alcohol!!!

I think the term "magical" might be stretching the definition a little...
the shots were ok. a lot of the color looked washed out and over processed, almost instagram filter style.
which is fine i guess, if you like ruining what was a wonderful venue full of color and detail.
the pics look fine in a small size on my computer...but enlarge them a little and see what happens...

didn't see any shots of the ceremony? everything was shot either before or after the fact it seems...
probably because that was the only way the photog could get close enough without being in the way, and because he was
using a handheld LCD light to get exposure.

props for doing it though.
I believe that he also shot with his DSLR gear...so it wasn't just iphone shots the couple got.

Same principals apply to the drunk in the bar. The current term for what we used to call a bald face lie is Fake News.

@gryphonslair99 But in the words of :

Abraham-Lincoln-Quotes-Internet-5.png

The Indian wedding, a three-day event, looked okay to me. Very theatrical images. The iPhone 6s Plus has plenty of megapixels and a good lens, ample DOF, and is what 18 years ago, would have been called a "High-resolutuion, digitial imaging system." And something that, had it been available back then, would have been priced at around $10,000 or so.

Most reactions

Back