Wouldn't a rectal scan be better?

i saw this on engadget.com or something, kind of interesting i suppose.

I'm not seeing any point to it, how it would protect anything. It seems intrusive and lame.

RECTAL scan?!? I very much hope you mean RETINAL! :lol:

Watch where you put the camera before you sit down!

In truth though, I would not want My iris scan spread across the web when the same info may be used in the future as a security feature in the financial sector.

In truth though, I would not want My iris scan spread across the web when the same info may be used in the future as a security feature in the financial sector.

My guess is that you'd feel the same way about the rectal scan.
Although probably very few people would recognize you.

Watch where you put the camera before you sit down!

I believe it would be very silly if Canon puts your actual retinal scan into your picture. If identification is all that is required, your exact retinal scan is in fact quite a bit more than what is required.

If instead they use a one-way encrypted derivative of your retinal scan, say, by hashing it in some way to produce a very large number, then noone can identify you based what is in your picture. You, however, CAN identify YOURSELF as the copyright holder of your image based on the way your iris hashes into that large number.

Any implications into the financial sector immediately become non-issues as Canon is very unlikely to come up with the exact same hash algorithm for your iris as your bank.

LOL, you obviously haven't met the same devious people.

The obvious answer is to send in the work like you are supposed to. After it's on record there is no question.

Most reactions

Back