Wow! talk about toughness..

Kind of funny. I remember when the 7d came out and the article about it surviving the arctic and now Nikon survives in Fire LOL Ironic isn't it.

Turned into another isn't Nikon wonderful thread :thumbdown:

No, not really...it turned into another "Canon's claims of weather sealing do not square well with reality" thread. What's surprising to many is that during the group's 2009 expedition, the weather in Antarctica was warmer, and milder than it was in Toronto or Boston at the same time period...the weather was very mild when all those malfunctions happened. That's kind of a different thing. And it did not "turn into" anything--it BEGAN AS a thread testifying to how reliable the Nikon D700 proved itself inside of a burning building, making over 650 exposures inside of 15 minutes inside of a burning house, at temps between 400 degrees and 100 degrees Farenheit, with fire temps of up to 2,300 degrees nearby. See how that works...it BEGAN AS...

You must be a Canon shooter? Don't fret, you bought it for a reason and I'm sure you're enjoying it (I hope). This didn't turn into anything but facts... I found it interesting that the D700 is handling both extremes quite well.

You must be a Canon shooter? Don't fret, you bought it for a reason and I'm sure you're enjoying it (I hope). This didn't turn into anything but facts... I found it interesting that the D700 is handling both extremes quite well.

Yes and don't plan on changing, never had any problems with any of my 1D bodies or Canon lenses or even my old 10D that must have shot over 250,000
shots

Awesome link!!! Pretty cool to see what a top fuel dragster smashing into a $6000 lens and $2700 camera mounted on a concrete barrier looks like after it has all been smashed into so many nifty little pieces!!!

I liked the way he mentioned that the front lens group of the destroyed supertelephoto lens could be used with the sun's rays to create a magnifying lens that could start a fire! Neat photo of the wood beginning to smoke!

Wow... so because I wanted to share some great photos and what I thought is pretty amazing that the equipment could with stand that kind of abuse, you go in here and hate. This wasn't even about Nikon. If it was a Sony/Canon/Pentax... it'd still think the exact same way. You need to relax bro. :D

It's all about the Minolta.

bitches don't know about my Maxxum 4 what :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back