"Wow that's a good picture, you must have a good camera."

DeepSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshualights.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If they are going to get it wrong and give the credit to an inanimate object and not the artist, can't they at least give it to the lens? A crappy lens on a good body won't do much but a great lens on a crappy body will help a bit more......

Ok that was pointless and I'm done :)

See my signature................. ;D

hahaha yeah yeah. I saw your sig in a different thread which reminded me of that.

I've herd that saying a few ways. There is yours and the one about the "wow good dinner, must of good pots" and some various other ways

LOL it's all about the lens ;-) The sad thing is even some people on this very forum don't seem to get that. Gimme a Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 and i'll take a nice portrait on any camera body I know how to use :lol:

But yeah it is depressing when you get these comments.

I sold a lens at work (canon 28-105 3.5-4.5) and included the following picture with the email advertising the lens. I just had the picture there to display a picture that was taken with that lens.

Anyway, after I sold the lens, the person said something like.. "Are you sure that picture was taken with that lens? It's not taking that kind of picture for me..."

SBUFireWorks.jpg

LOL it's all about the lens ;-) The sad thing is even some people on this very forum don't seem to get that. Gimme a Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 and i'll take a nice portrait on any camera body I know how to use :lol:

But yeah it is depressing when you get these comments.

No, give ME that lens.... gimmy gimmy gimmy!

Ah...the good old days of politely responding, "Thanks! It's an XX lens/camera. What are you using? Hey, that's a pretty good lens/camera too. Let's go play with your lens/camera. I took some really fun photos with it when I had one."

:)
None of came out of the womb knowing this stuff. I started out with a cheapo Elan, and if I didn't tell ya what I was taking a photo of, you never would have recognized it. Thankfully, a lot of people helped along the way. Viva La People! LOL.
Peace!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back