WOW...what lens could do this?

DScience

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What I would like to know, is if you can take pictures like this without spending tons of money on a lens. I mean do you need a specific type of macro, or could you do this with a non-macro lens?

Here is this guy's flickr: Flickr: Licht~~~~'s Photostream

EDIT: Took the pics down, "Licht don't like"

Last edited:
You'd really want a macro lens for that. Though hes using a canon powershot, does it have a macro mode? If not, shows what I know lol.

OMG! I did not even notice he was using a P&S!!! Here is another.

EDIT: Took pics down.

So, if a P&S can take these, can a Nikon D60 do it? I mean do I really need a macro lens if a P&S can do this? Can someone please explain, because I just don't understand how a P&S can take this amazing of pictures.

Last edited:
You'd need a macro for shooting that close on your D60. P&S's are a totally different design.

Other then that, if you think about it, these are pretty easy shots, and a damn good idea.

What I would like to know, is if you can take pictures like this without spending tons of money on a lens. I mean do you need a specific type of macro, or could you do this with a non-macro lens?

00.gif

wow i really like that shot

Last edited:
And unfortunately Nikon doesn't make macros near as nice as what Canon has to offer.

You do have the option of using extension tubes to allow close focusing of your current lenses.

If you had a 50mm prime you can mount them backwards with the right adapter ring and give it some pretty good macro capabilities.

And unfortunately Nikon doesn't make macros near as nice as what Canon has to offer.

You do have the option of using extension tubes to allow close focusing of your current lenses.

If you had a 50mm prime you can mount them backwards with the right adapter ring and give it some pretty good macro capabilities.

Hmm, very interested in this. If I got a 50mm prime, what sort of adapter ring would I need in order to mount it backwards for macro work? And I imagine even if I had the af-s lens, it won't AF backwards?

DScience, I've always always wondered how peopel with point and shoots do that...my point and shoot, let alone my DSLR with a mid-range or wide-angle lens definitely won't let me take those kinds of shots...

You could do it cheaply with a +3 close up diopter, a macro lens, or some regular and telephoto lenses at their closest focusing distance.

skieur

Most reactions

Back