Wow...

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Look at these 100% crops taken with you-know-what and the 17-40L :)

Fun fun...

IMG_3233.jpg

IMG_3269.jpg

Here's another -

IMG_3228.jpg

get this garbage outta here! damn your 5dmII

Man if I was a canon shooter, I would be all over this thing. Hell it's enough to make a guy want to sell his Nikon gear and head over to the Dark side. lol

Just wondering ... did the baby drool right after he/she saw your 5D MKII?

(I think I will do the same thing):er:

Keep posting man! These real world type shots beat the heck out of a formal review anyday in my opinion!

Derrick

Looks like a good-un...

Keep it clicking, bro.

get this garbage outta here! damn your 5dmII

What if I told you these were taken with a consumer Rebel XSi?

Man if I was a canon shooter, I would be all over this thing. Hell it's enough to make a guy want to sell his Nikon gear and head over to the Dark side. lol

If my above scenario is the case, how would your Nikon gear feel if it knew it was being compared to a simple Rebel?

Just wondering ... did the baby drool right after he/she saw your 5D MKII?

(I think I will do the same thing):er:

Do you think it's possible that the baby didn't even see the 5D Mark II?

Keep posting man! These real world type shots beat the heck out of a formal review anyday in my opinion!

Derrick

Thanks, I hope this review lives up to your expectations.

Looks like a good-un...

Keep it clicking, bro.

You bet I will.

What if I told you these were taken with a consumer Rebel XSi?

It wouldn't surprise me at all. They look like 100% crops taken with any Canon. I can't tell how impressive it is without seeing how these compare in size to the entire photo.

That's sharp, money well spent by the look of it. How much that lens cost btw?.

It wouldn't surprise me at all. They look like 100% crops taken with any Canon. I can't tell how impressive it is without seeing how these compare in size to the entire photo.

Bingo. These were with the XSi the day before I got the 5DII. It's amazing how many 100% crops are out there from the 5D MK II which don't really prove much.

Thanks, early posters, for making this experiment a success :lmao:

That's sharp, money well spent by the look of it. How much that lens cost btw?.

The Canon 17-40 runs about $650 now with the rebate. I think mine was from buydig.com for $640 shipped USA version. The Canon Rebel XSi and 17-40 f/4L make a stunning pair.

Its more the glass than the camera at this point. I bet you could duct tape that lens to the front of a Kodak P&S and get a good picture out of that combo... lol

If I compare a square cm of Tmax 100 35mm to a square cm of Tmax 100 4x5 they will look identical, but if we compare 16"x20" prints they will be quite different.

Actually I was thinking "Man, look at that noise in the pupils. I guess I won't be in any hurry to upgrade." :)

I'll put up a $100 lens challenge for anyone who wants to come to my house to participate. I'll shoot a portrait with the Canon L 24-70 f/2.8, and then a variety of sub-$200 Tamron and Sigma zooms. We'll hang large prints on the wall, ad you can peer at them as closely as you want. If you can pick out the L glass you get $100. If you pick anything else you pay me $100. ;)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back