Wrap it UP!

hawkeye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How about a general purpose thread wrap up your day or week or anything you want? I think it could a great way to get to know folks on a little more personal level (hey, I am a noob after all), it should be fun too! Of course, you can comment on others "wrap up" as well as posting yours. I'll start...

I'll go with "Wrap up your week".

Well, this has been a good but hauntingly busy week. Appropriate for Halloween time I guess. After just getting through the United Auto Workers strike, now the California wildfires is reaped havoc on my logistics operations at the California ports. Thankfully though, the wildfires didnt shut down the port to long. Anyways, I took monday off to go shooting in the North GA mountains Sunday and Monday to relax a little. I think the colors should really be popping by now.

Who's next?

Busy busy busy week for me, but I finished it off with something really fun. I've had midterms and assignments due like crazy this week. Spent about 5.5 hours in the same building today because I have a class, office hours (for a freshman class I tutor), and then another class back to back in the same area. I just got finished grading assignments for the class I tutor about 30 minutes ago (and it's 1:00am on a Saturday right now).

However, I did have fun today. Earlier today (erm... yesterday, I guess) I went on a Critical Mass ride for the first time. Basically the idea behind Critical Mass is this: a lot (did I say a lot? I meant a LOT) of cyclists meet in a park downtown once a month, and then ride somewhere, completely blocking all car traffic along the way. This was a seriously surprisingly large crowd. Must have been at least 200 cyclists there. Everybody was shouting and clapping and cheering along the way for no good reason. A few were even making music as we rode (including two people with drums, a few people with boomboxes, and a guy with an accordion). The funny thing is, I didn't even know the event was happening until about 30 minutes before it started, at which point I read a facebook message from a friend asking if I was going. So I said "sure!" And I'm glad I did. Depending on the weather, I'm hoping to go next month too ;-)

Busy busy busy week for me, but I finished it off with something really fun. I've had midterms and assignments due like crazy this week. Spent about 5.5 hours in the same building today because I have a class, office hours (for a freshman class I tutor), and then another class back to back in the same area. I just got finished grading assignments for the class I tutor about 30 minutes ago (and it's 1:00am on a Saturday right now).

However, I did have fun today. Earlier today (erm... yesterday, I guess) I went on a Critical Mass ride for the first time. Basically the idea behind Critical Mass is this: a lot (did I say a lot? I meant a LOT) of cyclists meet in a park downtown once a month, and then ride somewhere, completely blocking all car traffic along the way. This was a seriously surprisingly large crowd. Must have been at least 200 cyclists there. Everybody was shouting and clapping and cheering along the way for no good reason. A few were even making music as we rode (including two people with drums, a few people with boomboxes, and a guy with an accordion). The funny thing is, I didn't even know the event was happening until about 30 minutes before it started, at which point I read a facebook message from a friend asking if I was going. So I said "sure!" And I'm glad I did. Depending on the weather, I'm hoping to go next month too ;-)

Thats wild. I've never seen anything like that in ATL, except for of course official race's like the Peachtree Road Race and other official events. I have to be honest though, I hate when those dudes wont get out of the way... I understand in residential areas, no problem there. But when the speed limit is 45mph and there is a cyclist in the middle of the road completely ignoring the line of cars in file behind him/her... it's enough to make me want to go off the charts. :soapbox: lol

I work in IT for a large, global company. Lots of headaches, irate 'customers' and hectic schedules are a normal thing. So at the end of the day, I get to ride the motorcycle home. It's really a great way to wind down after a day of dealing with all of this.

No Otters for me this week :-(

I'm gonna wrap up the last few days...kind of long, but ranting helps...

So Friday night, after an annoying senior session at Sears (I hate dealing with parents) my back felt really crappy, and by the next day it was hurting worse. The husband helped me stretch it out and it felt better, parents came by on Saturday night and we went out to eat and shopping. Still hurts, but I'm thinking its no big deal, just pulled a muscle from being down on the floor so much during the session.

Then I wake up the next day and I can hardly get out of bed. I called my manager who, three days later is still trying to get in touch with the higher ups to find out about workman's comp coverage and forms. Meanwhile I'm spending all of my time on the couch and my husband, bless him, is being more than generous and helping me with every little thing I need.

Last night, he had to leave me to go to work, but I figured I'd be okay because my cousin (who is living with us for awhile and staying with when the hubby goes for OCS in a couple weeks) was home.

So the doorknob on our downstairs bathroom gets stuck easily and then can't be opened from the inside. I knew this when I went into the bathroom, but for some stupid reason I decided to shut the door anyway. And it stuck. And I spent the next 25 minutes or so banging on the door as hard as I could with my sore back and yelling my cousin's name.

She finally comes downstairs as she's on her way out to a friend's house, lets me out and tells me, "I heard the banging, but I thought you guys were building something downstairs...sorry."

Couldn't sleep much at all last night because of the pain and I'm still waiting to hear from my manager.

And if anyone actually read all of that...thanks...I'll be your friend forever.

I work in IT for a large, global company. Lots of headaches, irate 'customers' and hectic schedules are a normal thing. So at the end of the day, I get to ride the motorcycle home. It's really a great way to wind down after a day of dealing with all of this.

Ah, I BS'd in IT. But I ended up working in Production at my own choice.

I'm gonna wrap up the last few days...kind of long, but ranting helps...

So Friday night, after an annoying senior session at Sears (I hate dealing with parents) my back felt really crappy, and by the next day it was hurting worse. The husband helped me stretch it out and it felt better, parents came by on Saturday night and we went out to eat and shopping. Still hurts, but I'm thinking its no big deal, just pulled a muscle from being down on the floor so much during the session.

Then I wake up the next day and I can hardly get out of bed. I called my manager who, three days later is still trying to get in touch with the higher ups to find out about workman's comp coverage and forms. Meanwhile I'm spending all of my time on the couch and my husband, bless him, is being more than generous and helping me with every little thing I need.

Last night, he had to leave me to go to work, but I figured I'd be okay because my cousin (who is living with us for awhile and staying with when the hubby goes for OCS in a couple weeks) was home.

So the doorknob on our downstairs bathroom gets stuck easily and then can't be opened from the inside. I knew this when I went into the bathroom, but for some stupid reason I decided to shut the door anyway. And it stuck. And I spent the next 25 minutes or so banging on the door as hard as I could with my sore back and yelling my cousin's name.

She finally comes downstairs as she's on her way out to a friend's house, lets me out and tells me, "I heard the banging, but I thought you guys were building something downstairs...sorry."

Couldn't sleep much at all last night because of the pain and I'm still waiting to hear from my manager.

And if anyone actually read all of that...thanks...I'll be your friend forever.

I hung on to every word ;)

"construction or something??". Not exactly the family genius huh? lol Thank goodness you werent severely injured and calling out for help. I wouldnt "hold your breath" as they say!

sunday started bad rained all day took portraits indoors of the little one.

monday went work and two friends were screaming at each other had to get the boss!!!!!!!

tues was good took pics this morn went to a peaceful workplace this afternoon.

bought a cheap camera of e bay for my son got it tonight and it dont flipping work :x

Well, today I planned out an incredibly complex procedures floor in a new london hospital... my head hurt all day and I think I have a chest infection. Anyhow, I now have my feet up on the sofa watching Britz and being extremely satisfied that Top Gear won a tv award...

Thats a wrap folks...

Well, today I planned out an incredibly complex procedures floor in a new london hospital... my head hurt all day and I think I have a chest infection. Anyhow, I now have my feet up on the sofa watching Britz and being extremely satisfied that Top Gear won a tv award...

Thats a wrap folks...

:hug::

Most reactions

New Topics

Back