Writing "About Me" sections are the WORST.

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I want to re-do the "about me" section of my website, but I'm sitting here staring at a blank page, because I don't know where to begin.

My last one was way to long-winded and stupid and I'm over it.

I can't find a happy medium between just listing my name, number and email, and actually being slightly personable.

Pfffffffft.

I have *always* been terrible about writing bios. It's literally the WORST.

/mini vent

"Hot chick with a cool hubby & photo passion."

Two ways of doing this. You can keep it strictly professional or more personal and relatable. Oh, a little bit of humble brag is okay. :D

Okay may be 3 ways to do it...

Two ways of doing this. You can keep it strictly professional or more personal and relatable. Oh, a little bit of humble brag is okay. :D

Okay may be 3 ways to do it...

That's the line I'm having a hard time towing, haha.

My last "about me" page was a little too much... cheese, I think.

The one I'm writing now feels a little *too*... profesh?

I'm having a hard time writing one that sounds mostly professional, but with a little bit of pep.

[

That's the line I'm having a hard time towing, haha.

My last "about me" page was a little too much... cheese, I think.

The one I'm writing now feels a little *too*... profesh?

I'm having a hard time writing one that sounds mostly professional, but with a little bit of pep.

IMHO, it depends on the clients that you want to attract and and maybe just be yourself. In my personal experience, people want to know about the artist behind the camera as much as the quality result. Photography style can be similar but the photographer is always different. You are unique and people want to hire a unique artist.

Anyone wanna proof-read this for me?

I'm sure I have 50 billion grammatical errors in this... And I'd like to have at least 45 billion less by the time I hit "publish". :lol:

I'm sure I have 50 billion grammatical errors in this... And I'd like to have at least 45 billion less by the time I hit "publish". :lol:

My wife proof reads mine!! :biglaugh:

My husband spells "kidding", "cidding" by accident on occasion and thinks, "It ain't" is an acceptable part of a phrase.

The hell I'm having him proof-read anything. :biglaugh:

1. I use PAGES. I'm a Mac. Screw that Microsoft Word bidnezz... :lol:

2. It's not the SPELLING I'm worried about. I have a spell-checker. It's the run-on sentences and over-abundance of comma's that I'm known for that I need checked. Hahaha.

I'll give it a read through if you want Rose.

I'll just... leave this right here :lol: :

Emily Rose McGonigle is a photographer based in Nashville, TN, specializing in fashion senior portrait photography and modern portraiture.

She strives to provide her clients with a unique and fun experience, whether that be on-location or in the studio. In order to accomplish this, she will meet with you before your session to get to know you and discuss the vision for your photo shoot. She also works with a team of professionals, including a hair and makeup artist for senior and modern portrait sessions, to make sure you look and feel your best!

Emily is a fun-loving individual with a love for music ranging from, The Mars Volta, Mute Math, Colony House, James Bay, and some Pop guilty pleasures as well.

She enjoys TV and movie comedies, well-written suspense stories, and has a slight (read: major) addiction to social media.

If you'd like to meet with Emily about a session, feel free to contact her in one of the following ways:

• Email: [email here]
  • Phone: 555-555-5555
  • Contact Page [Click Here]
  • Carrier Pigeon (Please allow 24 hours for response using this method. If no response is received within 24 hours, please try again using one of the other methods listed above.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back