WTB: 24mm (or 28mm) for Pentax K-mount.

Don Simon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well I've been giving some thought to buying a fast walkaround wide-to-standard zoom for my dSLR, but that would mean a 'digital-only' lens, and I just can't bring myself to invest in glass that wouldn't work with my film bodies too. So instead I'm looking for a good 24mm prime, 24mm being IMO one of the most useful lengths on both 35mm and with the 1.5x crop.

Ideally I'm looking for a Pentax 24mm f/2.8 (the manual focus "A" version).
Of course if you have the 24mm f/2.0 and are willing to let it go for a good price, I certainly wouldn't say no... ;)
Otherwise I'd also consider a good Sigma, Tokina, Tamron etc. And if no-one has any 24mm's, I'd be interested in a 28mm (Pentax f/2.8 FA would be best) but the 24 would be preferable.

Finally I would consider a zoom including this range - if it works on 35mm film as well as digital, and if it performs well at f/4 (doesn't matter if it's a f/2.8 or f/4 as long as it's pretty usable at f/4).

Pretty specific request I know, but you never know :) if you think you might have something suitable and are maybe thinking of replacing it or simply don't use it, please let me know by replying here or via PM. Thanks!

Oh, forgot: I'm in England, but will happily pay for overseas postage.

I found this 24mm Pentax lens on the Internet when looking for something else. I am not quite sure if it is the 'A' version but I thought you might be interested.

That seems to be one of the older ones, but thanks for the link! :)

Most reactions

Back