WTF is this?

niforpix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was at the beach in White Rock with my wife tonight, and was taking some shots for my photography class... And just as the sunset was going down, this guy that was watching it pointed out to us this white dot in the sky. It wasn't giving out any light, it was just a white circular object.

Any ideas?

3283460549_57d23e9572_b.jpg

Obviously a UFO out to get you. Kidding :D

Damn it! I knew it!
Hmm... it was weird tho. It wasn't moving or giving off any light. Just a white object in the sky...

It has something akin to a normal cloud to it, I should say (from your enlargement). Though I, too, would wonder how it got there. But then I once saw the development of a cloud out of "nothing", just sky, blue, no other cloud in sight, before. It's when different air layers (of different density and temperature) come together. From below, air looks like air. You can's "see" the density, humidity (if it is light enough), temperature. It all looks the same. Yet sometimes it isn't and suddenly a cloud forms. I should guess something like that happened.

It has something akin to a normal cloud to it, I should say (from your enlargement). Though I, too, would wonder how it got there. But then I once saw the development of a cloud out of "nothing", just sky, blue, no other cloud in sight, before. It's when different air layers (of different density and temperature) come together. From below, air looks like air. You can's "see" the density, humidity (if it is light enough), temperature. It all looks the same. Yet sometimes it isn't and suddenly a cloud forms. I should guess something like that happened.

The same thing is the secret of the "sound barrier breech" photos, it's not actually the soundbarrier that causes it, it's the way the air density, temprature and moisture content come together as the aricraft passes through creating that cloud on the wings out of thin air (so to speak).

I too thought spontanious cloud at first sight.

Santa Claus?

btw, neat shot. clone that thing out. :)

i would say just a small cloud

...It's quite clearly a ghost!!

:D

LOL!!! Just kidding!!

:O)

All you see here is nothing more than a weather balloon! :sexywink: haha :alien:

First off, might I say that that is a damn nice photo. A bit of a saturation boost, and I'd be happy to buy that as a print. It certainly looks like a cloud, but I'll be damned if I knew what caused it, sorry.

Also, I had to laugh at your thread title. I half-expected a "OMG MY CAMERA IS RUBBISH I PUT IT ON MANUAL AND I PRESSED THE BUTTON AND MY PICS ARE ALL BLACK I WANT A REFUND" :p.

any planes fly by real fast? i dont know where your from but it looks like a plane breaking the sound of speed how they give off that cloud. like area 51 was doing testing around where you were. haha

Most reactions

Back