WTF is this?

compensation: 200$ HAHAHAHAHA

to shoot the wedding and edit the shots. this is ugly.

Discount wedding photography, some one is going to be making money off this, they likely will be charging double that amount to the couple, paying the photographer his $200 for just showing up and doing the pictures, and still walking away with money. Doesn't matter that the pictures may be garbage and this is no different than amateurs showing up and shooting sports at arenas and selling garbage. Someone just decided it would be easier to put a bunch of amateurs together and work as the front man. Easy money.

It's a great idea, just not so good for the other wedding photographers trying to make a living.

How about "seeking cheap low cost overseas labor to post process photos taken in the great Murikah!"
If out sourcing for the sake of exploiting the labor cost is not wrong, then hiring interns to do the same for less isn't either.

They're not looking for interns, they are looking for photographers that have experience with a camera, have a knowledge of photoshop or lightroom. They will be responsible for shooting, not watching someone else shoot while they learn. I'm guessing that this organization will end up with more photographers applying than they need. I have no problem with this, someone was smart enough to put it together, the people that SHOULD have a real concern with this is other wedding photographers. Especially the ones that sole income from shooting weddings.

Ahh, craiglist... There's a reason why I never visit that site anymore :meh:

I don't know, I hire full time professional wedding photogs (who aren't booked for the day, or just want to do something different). all the time for $250 to come in as a third. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't know, I hire full time professional wedding photogs (who aren't booked for the day, or just want to do something different). all the time for $250 to come in as a third. Nothing wrong with that.

well, they are not prime and they wont have to deliver the final product.

Doesn't matter if they are not "prime" and can't deliver the final product, they are cheap, that's all that matters to some people, and it gives someone practice with their camera while screwing up someones wedding.

Ok, that's just stupid, Ghache. Why the hell wouldn't I hire a person that normally charges several thousands of dollars to shoot a wedding with me for a few hundred bucks. Your thinking is just dumb.
I'm still the lead, my husband is still the light, and the third gets to play which is very welcome. I don't NEED those shots, but I know I'm gonna get some kick assed stuff. It's all good for my Bride and Groom. The third gets some killer port images at a wedding they might not be able to book, and I get killer images from someone who doesn't have to worry about the "meat". They can float around and do all the cool stuff.
So for $250 I get really cool shots I don't have the time to experiment with. The clients love them. The 3rd has killer images for their port, and everyone is happy. What's the problem?

And I return the favor. I shoot with them as a third, and I get the coolest stuff because I don't have to worry about everything else.

Ok, that's just stupid, Ghache. Why the hell wouldn't I hire a person that normally charges several thousands of dollars to shoot a wedding with me for a few hundred bucks. Your thinking is just dumb.
I'm still the lead, my husband is still the light, and the third gets to play which is very welcome. I don't NEED those shots, but I know I'm gonna get some kick assed stuff. It's all good for my Bride and Groom. The third gets some killer port images at a wedding they might not be able to book, and I get killer images from someone who doesn't have to worry about the "meat". They can float around and do all the cool stuff.
So for $250 I get really cool shots I don't have the time to experiment with. The clients love them. The 3rd has killer images for their port, and everyone is happy. What's the problem?

And I return the favor. I shoot with them as a third, and I get the coolest stuff because I don't have to worry about everything else.

Did i say i did not agree with you lol? what your doing is totally right. pay the guy who doesnt have a job that day. he shoots is stuff and doesnt have any pressure.....there is no problem.

I was just saying that they are not prime and they wont have to deliver the final product compared to the ads.

Yes, they send me the RAW files and I process everything for my client. I guess I didn't understand your post. Sorry!

ghache, no to the website and to bennielou it's nice to see that he's not trying to pick one of his "stupid" fights with me for a change and no you understood his post just fine.

Most reactions

Back