voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Driving to work this morning... on the highway getting ready to exit. Bam! The rear driver side window explodes. $187 to replace it. What a great way to start a day. :pissed: Have no idea how it happened. couldn't find a rock in the car.

wow, that sucks. Did it shatter? becuase car windows dont usualy explode, they just shatter but stay together. Glad you are ok.

Rocks dont always go through. All they gota do is shatter and bouce off.

Yeah, the whole thing shattered and fell inside our car. Scared the sh!t out of us though.

you sure you weren't shot at? you may want to report this to the police, if you have not yet done so. it happened just as you slowed down to take the exit, when your car was at its easiest to hit...

Osmer_Toby said:
you sure you weren't shot at? you may want to report this to the police, if you have not yet done so. it happened just as you slowed down to take the exit, when your car was at its easiest to hit...

True, True.

Wouldn't the bullet still be in the car? I didn't have enough time to check the inside too good.

Damn @ the thought of being SHOT at.... !!! :eek:
If you WERE shot at tho ... wouldnt the bullet have either gone thru the opposite window or ( if the trajectory was on an angle ) put an entrance hole in the seat ( for example ).....?
I'm sure you'll check that out Voods .... luckily you are ok .. thats the main thing.

Luminosity said:
.... luckily you are ok .. thats the main thing.

amen.

the bullet could have either pierced and gone through or ricocheted or dropped into the car- any of the 3 is possible. been relatively alot of highway snipers in the states in the last few years...

Holy crap!!! I really don't want to hear that anyone is taking pot shots on "slowing vehicles" just for the hell of it..... :eek: Voods, if something even looks like a hole or rip from trajectory, that car has to go straight to the cops.

God, I HOPE you don't find ANYthing like that. I'd rather think it was a faulty pane of glass.

You're all okay, that's the main thing. :hug:

Well the glass is being replaced as we speak. The whole window shattered and is inside the car so I couldn't assess the hole in the window or how it happened.

Thank you all for the hugs and best wishes. At least it's friday!

That happened to me once too, voods!!! It was freaky, driving down the street, then crack boom no more window!! I never figured out what caused mine either. I glad you guys are ok!!

Good to know you are okay.

Did you take pics before fixing the window?

That's not an uncommon thing in the summertime in AZ for sunroofs and rear windows, but not in the morning I'd think. Your sunroof is cooking in the sun, you jump in, turn the A/C on, ka'boom! it's raining glass. This happened to me once and the guy that replaced it said it happens all the time. I've heard of windows exploding as well when you go to wash your car during the middle of the day.

Nothing beats hitting a turkey vulcher while cruising down the highway at about 80mph. I was still finding feathers in my truck for months after that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back