WTS: New In Box D40 Kit

NikonRookie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
*First let me state I am not a dealer....or a reseller of camera equipment.

My first DSLR 3 years ago was a D40, and now that I have a D500 I realize how easy it was to get fantastic images with the D40. My D40 is actual sharper indoors (low light) than my D5000 is.

That being said, I have stumbled across a D40 kit, new in box that is left over from a lot of corporate give away gifts. I bought it because it was a good deal and you can't find these new in box anymore, but I really don't need it.

Price is $435 shipped to your door. I am willing to do a face to face transaction in the philadelphia area. But for distant transactions I would prefer USPS money order, or paypal plus 3% for fees.

Thanks

Last edited:
Haha woah $475 huh. Man you can buy a D3000 for $400.00 nowadays. Lucky if you get 300. IMHO

Thanks for the feedback......but these are going for more than you would think. I may be a little high, but $300 for a new in box D40 kit is crazy.

This used D40 kit sold for $419 shipped recently on ebay:

Nikon D40 DSLR Digital Camera with AF-S DX 18-55mm Zoom - eBay (item 330499348522 end time Nov-28-10 17:00:32 PST)

This new one just sold for $455 shipped, and the description was poor, with no picture (buyers are more likely to bid higher with photo of actual product):

Nikon D-40, AF-S DX Zoom-18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II Lens - eBay (item 270670882340 end time Dec-02-10 12:17:45 PST)

These were selling a couple months ago NIB on ebay for closer to $500.

During Thanksgiving Adorama had factory refurbished D40s for $399.....and they sold out in rather quick order.

The market sets the price...........regardless of whether or not some individuals think it is worth it. There is a large D40 following, it is a fantastic little camera with top notch IQ for the size and price. Also, fwiw I would take a D40 any day over a D3000. Don't get me wrong, the D3000 is a fine camera, but the sensor in the D40 makes great photos......especially in low light which is where I do most of my shooting (two little kids).

$450 shipped to your door may be more reasonable.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
475.... LOL alrighty then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am a member of another enthusiast forum, and one of the rules for the classifieds section is that comments that denigrate the listers post are forbidden. You have no right to degrade MY post here in any way. I am embarrassed that the moderators allow this childlike behavior in a somewhat professional forum.

Bottom line is that the market sets the price. If I don't get any response, than I will lower the price accordingly in increments until it sells. I'm not giving this away for $300. My selling strategy is to list high and go from there. $475 isn't all that high for a new D40 in unopened box. Do some research before posting such garbage.

If you don't like the price or product, move on quietly. No need to belittle anyone here. Lets keep it polite and professional here people.

475.... LOL alrighty then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am a member of another enthusiast forum, and one of the rules for the classifieds section is that comments that denigrate the listers post are forbidden. You have no right to degrade MY post here in any way. I am embarrassed that the moderators allow this childlike behavior in a somewhat professional forum.

Bottom line is that the market sets the price. If I don't get any response, than I will lower the price accordingly in increments until it sells. I'm not giving this away for $300. My selling strategy is to list high and go from there. $475 isn't all that high for a new D40 in unopened box. Do some research before posting such garbage.

If you don't like the price or product, move on quietly. No need to belittle anyone here. Lets keep it polite and professional here people.

I would suggest putting it on eBay with a really well written ad and you should find someone who just wants the name

Bro change your tampon. Maybe you should do your research man. News Flash! It's a D40! I bought my D40X, X it's better. For 400 bucks used, about a year and ab it ago. That was too much then and is now too. Do your research who cares what other people are selling it for. Bottom line is it's a D40! Why would any idiot buy a D40 for that price when they can get an updated D3000 for that price.
Post your garbage somewhere else.

Bro change your tampon. Maybe you should do your research man. News Flash! It's a D40! I bought my D40X, X it's better. For 400 bucks used, about a year and ab it ago. That was too much then and is now too. Do your research who cares what other people are selling it for. Bottom line is it's a D40! Why would any idiot buy a D40 for that price when they can get an updated D3000 for that price.
Post your garbage somewhere else.

The X may be better for those obsessed with megapixel counts, and provides slightly better cropping ability, but if you compose your shots correctly, cropping is irrelevant. The D40 gives you flash sync and better high iso noise results. News Flash! Your extra MPs don't mean squat. The D40x was designed for those who chase megapixels, and it looks like you sir fell into that marketing trap. Congrats!

Hahaha wrong once again man the D40x is an upgrade from the D40. I'd love to sit here and bicker about which D40 is better but after all their just D40's. Regardless of your arguement, SIR. You will never sell this product for the price you're asking unless the persons IQ matches their age, which obviously you suffer from as well.

475 is ridiculously high. Considering the NikonUSA website used to list the retail price at $499. It doesn't matter if it's brand new in box.

The market doesn't set the price on the D40. The companies/businesses/websites that sell them do because they still believe the camera is worth $500 when it's not. If you look at individual / private sellers, you can generally find way better deals. Plus you can buy used D60/70/80/3000's for cheaper.

You may want to reconsider your asking price. Amazon has used D40 kits for $420 and less.

And ebay has two kits right now, one is 203.50 and the other is even less, but they are auctions and are bound to go higher. They have one "Buy it Now" for 359.00, but it is used.

Just letting you know, not trying to be rude.

Hack

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back