I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These little boys belong to my Wife's cousin. I'm just putting together some sample cards to show them, so they can decide on a final design for their Christmas card.

To shoot these, I went to their house and brought my one Alien Bee light, along with the rest of my gear & props. The little boy is sitting in somthing called a 'Bumbo' seat. I'm actually thinking of getting on for myself...not to sit in :lol: but for all the babies I plan to photograph. It nicely props up a child, as soon as they are strong enough to hold their own head up.

Any comments welcome.

#1.
CD-Card-03a-web.jpg

#2.
CD-Card-01a-web.jpg

#3.
CD-Card-02-web.jpg

Aawww...they're so cute in their little jammies and hats! I like the second two the best....something with the first one...the placement of the stockings maybe...is off to me.

Thanks Cory.

There is something off about the 1st one. I like the photo...they way they are both leaning over...but ya, the stockings seem a bit awkward. If they like the stockings...I may try them with one of the other images. I have about 10 keepers from the the shoot, for them to choose from.

Oh how cute!!
LOVE LOVE THE JAMMIES!!!!
I think #3 is my favorite!

Oh man, the last one! With that dog...:lmao::lmao:... he's saying 'do I HAVE to be in this picture?'..(or: 'will this be on the internet?')..that's hilarious!! I'm all for funny, so that would be my choice.
Nice work Big Mike!

pascal

I like all three of them. That little baby is just the cutest thing!!!! I want to squeeze his little cheeks!!!!! :)

I like #2 its a great picture, but #3 is my favorite. Its the pug that finished it off for me, but then again I have two myself so im kind of bias. ;)

Thanks for the comments everyone.

i like 2 and 3 best here mike... think what i would do tho is slightly change the blending of the cloth.... it takes more time, but by using a more gradual blend with the brushes, gives a better effect i think...
Just by lowering the opacity of the brushes makes a nice gradual effect... you can also duplicate the layer and change that opacity....layer masking out the rest.... i usually do a mixture of both methods on any design work i do to get the best blend....
Great idea :thumbup:

Thanks Arch,

Ya, blending the drop cloth was probably the last thing I did...and I didn't take as much time as I should have. I spent most of my editing time working on the background...which was terrible.

I hung a white sheet (on their big screen TV) and the kits were right up against it. To whiten it up, and kill the shadows...I used a slaved flash as a BG light...but because the kids were so close, the light was from the side...and gave way too much texture to the sheet (we couldn't get it very flat). I ended up having to blow out the background in post...and clone out the bits of the slave flash that could be seen.

OH! I need a smiley that's laying on the floor kicking his arms and legs having a tantrum! I want my camera NOW! WAAAAAAAHHHHHH!
It;s the pics like those that make me really anxious. Those are adorable
:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back