X-T20 problems

Flavio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I've sold my nikon d610 and lenses 6 months ago and bought the fuji x-t20.
I'm happy with my switch overall, although have found some unexpected issues.
Sometimes when I focus, the EVF flickers. Recently I could not playback the photos I've just taken, solved this by formating the card but I had to shoot half a day without reviewing what I was photographing . And sometimes the wireless app stops working abruptly and the camera doesn't go back to shooting mode, have to restart the camera...
Also when I shoot continuous mode I can't review the photos right after I shoot them, I have to wait a few long moments.
Does anyone had this kind of issues or other ones so I can be prepared for some future "surprises"?

Are you using a Lexar card?

Hello jcdeboever and Derrel. Thanks for the fast reply ;-)
I don't have lexar cards, I was using a SDXC Integral ultima pro 64Gb.

Could still be an issue. I’ve never heard of that brand. I’d reccomend buying a high quality card from sandisk and seeing if your problems persist. Memory cards are one thing that I refuse to buy off brands. I use sandisk and only sandisk.

Thanks for the reply Destin.
I thought this was a good brand, but I would research more on this sd cards.

I mostly shoot photos so I'm going to buy this one and see if the issues become a thing of the past! ;-)
Thanks a lot for the help!

I've been searching for the best sd card for the x-t20 and saw some photographers advising not to use cards with more than 32Gb.
Should I by the Sandisk Extreme Pro 32Gb instead of the 64Gb for maximum performance with my x-t20?

Could still be an issue. I’ve never heard of that brand. I’d reccomend buying a high quality card from sandisk and seeing if your problems persist. Memory cards are one thing that I refuse to buy off brands. I use sandisk and only sandisk.

I agree with the recommendation but wanted to add that you should buy the card from a reputable store or online seller, not eBay or Amazon. There are a lot of counterfeit cards out there. If you google it you will find many photos of the real vs fake cards and it’s next to impossible to tell the difference until your camera has issues.

https://petapixel.com/2018/05/31/beware-amazon-still-sells-counterfeit-memory-cards/

I've been searching for the best sd card for the x-t20 and saw some photographers advising not to use cards with more than 32Gb.
Should I by the Sandisk Extreme Pro 32Gb instead of the 64Gb for maximum performance with my x-t20?

The only cards I used on my X-T20/X-T2 and now the X-T3 are the sandisk Extreme Pro 32 Gb, can`t fault them at all, plus I must be lucky as three came from Amazon and the rest from Jessops.

The only cards I used on my X-T20/X-T2 and now the X-T3 are the sandisk Extreme Pro 32 Gb, can`t fault them at all, plus I must be lucky as three came from Amazon and the rest from Jessops.

Check the Amazon ones against the photos in that link. If they have the yellow tab they are counterfeit and Amazon will replace with genuine.

I agree with the recommendation but wanted to add that you should buy the card from a reputable store or online seller, not eBay or Amazon. There are a lot of counterfeit cards out there. If you google it you will find many photos of the real vs fake cards and it’s next to impossible to tell the difference until your camera has issues.

https://petapixel.com/2018/05/31/beware-amazon-still-sells-counterfeit-memory-cards/

Thanks a lot for the advice Destin :)
I'll buy the sd card from the store I usually buy the cameras and lenses, I'm positive their trust worthy.
I hope this issues goes away once and for all :p

Most reactions

Back