Xd Card/Card Reader/Computer

russellsnr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Fuji S3000 & in the instructions it advises to format the XD card using the camera itself, after doing this I took a couple of test shots removed the XD card & placed it in a Digital card reader via the usb port on my computer, the reader has been reconised by windows but when I try to open the file I get The Disc In drive is not formated do I want to format if I say yes I get the disc is write protected can anyone advise how do I get the computer to reconise the XD card with data to transfer via the card reader. Thank You in advance.

what OS are you using?

russellsnr said:
Hi, I have a Fuji S3000 & in the instructions it advises to format the XD card using the camera itself, after doing this I took a couple of test shots removed the XD card & placed it in a Digital card reader via the usb port on my computer, the reader has been reconised by windows but when I try to open the file I get The Disc In drive is not formated do I want to format if I say yes I get the disc is write protected can anyone advise how do I get the computer to reconise the XD card with data to transfer via the card reader. Thank You in advance.

Thats odd, I havent had to format any of my 4 xd cards and I have the same camera as you.

i havn't had to format any of mine either, i use an S5000.

i wouldn't have expected hat from XP. i had a few ideas, but they were for win2000 and wouldnt apply to XP. have you tried connecting the camera to the computer? at least then you would know if it was an issue betweeen the card and the computer or the reader and the computer.

Hi, Thanks for help, I have used another xd card without format & it seems to work fine but if you look at NOTES ON XD-PICTURE CARD page 115 of the S3000 manual it does say When using a new memory card,or one that has been formated with a computer be sure to format with your camera first before use, or maybe I am just reading it wrong.
Again many thanks for your help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back