Xmas family photo

truephotoga

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.truephotoga.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been asked by a friend to take their christmas family portraits. The setting will most likely be outdoors in a local park and will be mom,dad, and their 1 1/2 yr old son. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions in regards to setting up the shoot (poses for mom and dad, props or no props, etc..)? Thanks

Talk to the family; ask them what they would like; suggest that they search the 'net for poses/portrait examples that they like. I'm not a fan of "props" in general, but generally this sort of image is a fairly traditional shot; Mom, Dad, the children together. Make sure you discuss clothing choices with the clients; avoid blacks and whites or clashing "Christmas" outfits.

Tell them to put the darn tree up and take next to the tree!

You could pose in the park but not up close to any hedges or bushes. Have them wear colors that won't blend in with the colors present at the park so they stand out.

Thanks for the suggestions. They told me they have already gone to Sears for their xmas portraits and are not happy with the results at all. I havent seen these images yet so Im not sure what their issues were with them.

Another technical question. The setting will be outdoors in daylight, what metering mode is suggested? Evaluative, spot, or weighted?

Make sure you discuss clothing choices with the clients; avoid blacks and whites or clashing "Christmas" outfits.
Do you consider Santa hats and reindeer antlers to be a clash?

No.

I consider Joe Strummer and Mick Jones to be a Clash.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back