XMetal Inspired

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not a big fan of the car...I see it as a tool to get me from point A to point B. But I have been way impressed with xmetal's photoshop skills and what he does with cars and motors, so I thought that I would give it a try...I know it's not as good as the master, but I think I did a pretty good job :)

Thanks, xmetal, for the inspiration.

xmetal1.jpg

xmetal2.jpg

great job! maybe pull the opasity back a little when you apply the effect. :thumbup:

yea, I used 50, but 35 looked pretty good too...I'm not so sure I'll do it again, but if I do, I think you're right.

Thanks for complements.

Cool stuff Joe :D

If you know someone that owns a Subaru WRX ask them if you can try the same thing on their car because of the engine layout and how different parts line up with certain things on the bonnet. ;)

Also in Photoshop try setting the layer to 'Overlay' and see what happens. :)

woah that's awesome! i've gotta try one of these! it's shots like this that make me wanna go out and try something new and bold. :thumbup:

slickhare said:
woah that's awesome! i've gotta try one of these! it's shots like this that make me wanna go out and try something new and bold. :thumbup:

yessireebob. The credit goes to XMetal...he does them all the time. My is just a cheap knockoff. I said I wasn't gonna do it again, but I think I am to try to get it right.

Also, been thinking what it would look like with a convertable...my folks have one, so I think I might try that next.

Xmetal said:
Practice makes perfect, Joe and I wasn't the first person to do a See-thru Bonnet. ;)

I'm sure not, but you were the first that I saw...so you get all the credit in my warped little brain :lmao:

JonMikal said:
great job! maybe pull the opasity back a little when you apply the effect. :thumbup:

JM, are these any better? I started a photo theme thread, so I figured I'd redo these. what do y'all think?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back