XS or T1i

Thanks for that !
Aren't all these cameras 14-bit? And is the XS the camera i use, the 1000D?

No the XS is 12bit and the XSi is 14bit. Yes the XS=1000D, XSi 450D. I am starting to lose them on the whole numbering process!

I found a good article that explains the differences btw them. If you were going to shell out the extra money though, I would go with the T1i as well.

Canon XSi / 450D vs Canon XS / 1000D | Digital Photography Notes

In a word - YES

However the T2i is now out so the T1I will be disappearing as well (the XS is also not in production but the XSi came out a little early so many stores / distributors / canon itself still have a bunch to sell)

You can also look at craigslist - I have gotten XSi (body only) for 350 - 400; The 18 - 55 IS lens is (craigslist, ebay) around 80 - 100; around 30 - 50 for non - IS; XSi with lens for 400 - 450

One thing to note is the XSi (T1i, T2i) use a 3 inch diagonal screen, the XS is smaller and a different body entirely - The XSi and above have "live view (the T1i does it better though) meaning you can focus and shoot from the screen

Unless you use a lot of lenses - if you just want a good 10MP or so camera you can get the S5 IS used for as low as $200 (12 x zoom) so the question really is what is the intended use?

:thumbdown:

However the T2i is now out so the T1I will be disappearing as well (the XS is also not in production but the XSi came out a little early so many stores / distributors / canon itself still have a bunch to sell)
The XS is the one being sold by Canons web site right now, not the XSi

One thing to note is the XSi (T1i, T2i) use a 3 inch diagonal screen, the XS is smaller and a different body entirely
The XS is not smaller, where are you getting your info from??? The only difference is the grip, the XS is smooth rubber grip, and the XSi has a textured rubber grip that has a thumb rest as well. The XS is only slightly lighter, few grams.

- The XSi and above have "live view (the T1i does it better though) meaning you can focus and shoot from the screen

The XS have live view as well as the XSi, T1i, T2i

Actually it's not even on Canon's current product line on the website. This was news to me as I was looking for it the other day. The XS is on there, but not the XSI.
the xsi is in fact listed on their lineup.

Check: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi

That would appear to be the xsi.

I know if I was buying right now and could afford it, I would go with the T1i or save the money for a 50d.

Yep it is, but what I am saying is that it's not for sale by Canon anymore. Here's a link to the Canon direct sales site. No XSi...just the XS.
Canon Direct Store - EOS Digital SLR Cameras

nope, actually if look it says: This product has been discontinued. No longer for sale.
lol

nope, actually if look it says: This product has been discontinued. No longer for sale.
lol

I just noticed that, and it makes me really sad. But I found a couple nice packages on places like eBay and the like...Amazon still has some body/lens kits that I'm tryin' to pick up...they're still out there...lets just hope that money comes a rollin' on in REAL soon :lmao:

Thanks a lot guys!!

One thing to note is the XSi (T1i, T2i) use a 3 inch diagonal screen, the XS is smaller and a different body entirely

The XS is not smaller, where are you getting your info from??? The only difference is the grip, the XS is smooth rubber grip, and the XSi has a textured rubber grip that has a thumb rest as well. The XS is only slightly lighter, few grams.

The XS is every so slightly not as wide as the XSI. Like 3 mm, as per the specs found on BH

XSI Dimensions (HxWxD) 3.8 x 5.1 x 2.4" (98 x 129 x 62 mm) body only
XS Dimensions 3.8 x 5.0 x 2.4" (98 x 126 x 62mm) body only

I know, I know, it is such a small difference that no one notices, but just thought I'd post up that. :)

Most reactions

Back