xt question

vandecarr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is wierd. I almost always shoot in Manual mode. Today I went to take a fast picture switched over to apature priority and it wouldn't adjust.
I had a 50 mm 1.4 canon lens on the camera so maybe that was why but the shutter speed would not move. it stood all the way down as if the photo was going to be very underexposed.
the apature was wide open and still the shutter speed didn't change.
Also, there was a ton of light so that wasn't a problem. when I snapped the pic it came out slightly underexposed but not that bad.
DO YOU KNOW WHY THIS HAPPENED?

tHANKS,
mIKE v

fixed it...if this happens to anyone else just slear all camera settings.
that's it. and it works perfect again.

Mike V

Good to hear you figured it out.

These digital cameras seem to lock up from time to time. I've never had the dreaded 'Error 99' come up (knock on wood)...but my camera has frozen up from time to time. Taking the battery out for a second, fixes it.

I had the exact same problem with my XT about 2 years ago. The first time, I just took the lens off.

The second time, I took out the battery.

The third time...see where this is going?

Eventually, after about a month or so of this happening, I could no longer adjust the shutter speed, and nothing would fix it! But it wasn't just the shutter. It was also the aperture. It depended on which one I tried to adjust first. It would go all the way in one direction, but would not return. And it didn't matter what direction I turned the wheel either...everything just increased until it was maxed out.

I had to send it into Canon for repair. They said it's a "common" problem??? They had to replace some type of board inside. Total turnaround time was about 10 days.

Hopefully, yours is only a one time issue.

Most reactions

Back