mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
gonna have to ignore me tonight.

I am going back in business on thursday, well sorta. Anyway today I got my first booking. The ideal customer for me. A high school photo student who needs her senior pictures done. I will probably give the scans to her, or charge her no more than the cost of the film and developing.

Her family is from South America and it's one of those good hard working people stories. Too many kids and taking care of the grand mother and father. If I don't do it cheap, she won't have any senior pictures.

It's the kind of thing I am hoping to do more of now that I'm cranking up again. Before anyone comments this is just to explain why I'm so chatty tonight. I am not looking for any comments unless you would like to share something you have done or are going to do just to give something back to the craft that has given us so much.

good for you.

Well I can only do it cause I'm retired. I never did anything free or at cost when I ran a business. But I'm not tooting my horn, much, just explaining why I feel good about me tonight.
You're all right, Charlie, for such a crusty old bird. :hug::

:thumbup:

Now if you really want a fix, go to your nearest homeless shelter and talk to whomever is in charge and see about doing portraits for them. Works wonders for the self esteem of their constituents and the photos can be used to reconnect with family and friends if they have an extra plus postage. You can find donors or businesses around to cover the costs of printing and developing. If you are fortunate enough to have an active church, check with them.

If you are able to shoot any kids, you can also find templates to make picture Id's with contact info and I believe that there is a company that will hold the photos on file for emergency download in case someone goes missing. Why those of us who have the least fortune have the most misfortune I don't know but it seems to work out that way.

WTG

mike

nothing wrong with helping someone out, thats for sure :)

All good suggestions mike ... I once did a free shoot for a senior citizens day center. It was for mothers day. I donated a 5x7 and 4 wallets for each person. I enjoyed it and got the most amazing shot of one woman who looked like a silent film starlet. It graced my studio wall for years. I still have a hand painted one I did of a the manager there in 20x24...

I had forgotten how good it makes you feel to touch a few lives. Now why don't we all do one small project for the community or for just someone who needs it now and then.

On the homeless shelter, to be perfectly honest those things scare hell out of me. Probably my own life prejudice, or the feeling that there but for monor twist in fortune go I.

Most reactions

Back