Yard sale

KristinaS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kristinaserafiniphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am participating in a joint yard sale later this month at my friend's house. There will be several of us selling things in the empty lot beside her house (and I believe some of the neighbors are participating too at their own houses). Anyway, I don't have much to sell and was thinking about selling some prints. Is this a terrible idea?

Try it - people don't generally seem to want to buy prints though. I have some in our antique booth and nobody has bought any in 6 months. We inherited a ton of prints from the previous owner that after 3 months of them not selling and taking up space, we used as firelighters.

Its not a bad idea, but it seems like the crowd the yardsale will bring wont be the kind intrested in art.

What people going to yard sales are looking for are generally:
Cheap DVDs/CDs/Computer stuff
Clothes
Furniture. Many of the furniture vendors from fleamarkets will buy from garage sales. I know I do and from charity shops.

I think I'm going to try it and see how it goes. I'll keep you posted.
I also have an old enlarger to sell and some other random photo stuff I don't use anymore. But that's about it.

It definitely wont hurt and can even get your name out there. However, don't get disappointed if it isn't very successful. Yard sales usually attract people who want deals that are dirt cheap and it could kind of be a slap in the face for people to come and offer .50 for one of your pictures. Let us know how it goes. Good luck with it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back