Yashica J Vs. Fed 2. Which to sell and which to keep?

Parptarf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I'm selling a few of my old analogs, as I mostly shoot 120 in my Lubitel or use my Leica R for 135.

I'm selling my old Zorki c, since I never use it. A Nikon FE, because it's bever gonna get used as long as I have a Leica R. And one of my Rangefinders. But I can't decide which one. Both works without issues, or at least the two rolls I've put through each.
I love how the FED looks and feels. And I dig the fact that it uses Leica Screw mount lenses. (I can get a Leica or Canon 50 f/2 for this in the future)

The Yashica feels more flimsy, doesn't look as good and has a fixed lens (45mm f/2.8) But damn that Viewfinder is big and bright. The rangefinder square is also more defined.

Which would you keep and why?

It would be used for street photography exclusively .

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Personally I would keep the FED ... especially since I can use the L39 lenses on mirrorless (I have a Sony NEX).

Yeah, I'd get more use out of a body that uses LTM or Leica screwmount than the Yashica.

I payed next to nothing for them in Budapest. I think I can sell them for the same, if not more here in Norway.

But I've pretty much been set on keeping the FED from day one. Guess it's bye bye Yashica.

Most reactions

Back