Yashica-Mat LM restoration help needed.

Are any parts or lenses from a Mamiya C 3 able to be used on a yashica mat 124 g???

Not in a realistically feasible way, no.

im asking because my Mamiya needs work and my yashica works, but the lens are scratched?
if not then how difficult is it to swap out lens on Yashica????

If the Yashica lenses are merely scratched it probably wouldn't produce any noticeable effect on images so I wouldn't bother.

But ...

Swapping lenses from one Yashica TLR to another of the same model is not too difficult with the right tools. However, I wouldn't recommend it as a first project to someone having no experience working on vintage cameras.

It would be easier to replace your C3 body with another that works since the lenses are easily interchanged on C-series Mamiyas.

Are any parts or lenses from a Mamiya C 3 able to be used on a yashica mat 124 g???

Not in a realistically feasible way, no.

im asking because my Mamiya needs work and my yashica works, but the lens are scratched?
if not then how difficult is it to swap out lens on Yashica????

If the Yashica lenses are merely scratched it probably wouldn't produce any noticeable effect on images so I wouldn't bother.

But ...

Swapping lenses from one Yashica TLR to another of the same model is not too difficult with the right tools. However, I wouldn't recommend it as a first project to someone having no experience working on vintage cameras.

It would be easier to replace your C3 body with another that works since the lenses are easily interchanged on C-series Mamiyas.

ok thanks for info, will probably sell Mamiya for parts???!!!

Ok thanks for info, will probably sell Mamiya for parts

To the person who originally posted this thread:

Were you able to get the cap on the focus knob out? I've tried everything under the sun to get the cap off, I've read that it's threaded but it just wont budge at all. I've got a tool that fits the two holes on the cap but I can't remove it. Any advice on how you got the cap off? Did it come off very easily and smoothly or was it a struggle?

I just purchased a Yashica-Mat LM off of that famous auction sight with a number of auxiliary lenses, which included a telephoto with viewing lens and a cased close up/macro with viewing lens set that seems to focus around 6-8" when I tried them on another working Yashica-Mat. My question is this how does one figure out what position the 2 focusing cams should be in once the knob is off, which has been done already by spinning off the film reminder center cap and finding 2 loose nuts inside the cavity of the focusing knob? I am going to attempt to clean the old grease in the focusing chamber out using some alcohol on a q-tip or some aerosol electronic cleaner. what came out once the 2 nuts were removed, 1 was already off the other nut spun freely so I removed it by un-threading it with the tip of a jewelers screwdriver was 2 thin brass washers/shims and a brass bushing that rested on top of what I am calling 2 focusing cams. Any assistance with accompanying photos would be greatly appreciated.

Most reactions

Back