YASP - panoramical

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yet Another Sunset Picture. This time pano. I need your help with this one. Does it look to fake? It was modified in PS. I wanted to add contrast and improve a bit the colours. But I'm not really happy... What do you think I shall do to it?
OTE

zachod_pano2.sized.jpg

It was stitched from 2 shots.
both taken at 1/60 sec. f/8.

it doesn't look at all fake to me Alexandra. i've seen many a sky like that, but i think a little more detail in the shadowed areas would help it. anyone else?

The sky does not look fake at all.
But I think you have come just a tad too late to the place to take the photo, it had grown a bit too dark already. Something that can now no longer be changed.
I don't have neither Photoshop nor any knowledge about it so I don't know what else to do about the dark water, for example, to make it shine a little more, without making the photo extremely noisy...

I can still see where they've been merged. Colors don't look fake though.

i can see the merging pretty easily too. might want to just burn out the rest of that mountain so it isnt as obvious. it's a little underexposed looking to me. i'm sure it was dark, but a longer exposure could have remedied that. it looks like a nice sunset though, i just dont think you made it all it could be. the foliage on the outside of the picture kind of distract my eye, too. that could be just me though (?). looks a bit soft to me also, but that's probably from downsizing.

It does not look fake to my either, but I have to agree that there could be a little more detail in the shadows.

OMG I have no idea how you can see the merging... coz I can't find it :) Thanks for the honest critique :) Now I can tell you what was really fake:
zachod_pano.jpg

this is how it look originally. But I don't like this version, it is to washed of colours for me and I have no idea what to do...

I think it stands very well with what you have done to it. I like the foreground being more of a shillouete and the colors to be the focal point that seperates the blacks.

nooooo!!! merging is on the tree!!! goes exactly through the central part of the tree which is rather on the left... ok... central left

I agree with Vmann. I like the darker shot. The other thing that is cool about this shot is the way the top of the tree ends right at the very straight waterline (which is much more defined in your edited version). It's a good shot with a nice mood.

you might try using the shadow/highlight effect on the darker one to preserve some of those colors but lighten the foreground a bit.

Most reactions

Back