Yates Mill Pond through my eyes

ponygurl65

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is my take on Yates Mill Pond in Raleigh NC

Any feedback is welcome :)

$_facebook95-88309064.jpg

I just fell over.

I'll bet that water wheel goes 2500 RPM.

She did say it was through her eyes .....
She also said any feedback is welcome, and I'd welcome her explaination of why she wants to introduce tension or psycho-drama to a peaceful mill landscape.

Bottom line: It doesn't work for me, and I'm not getting the feeling anyone else is buying into the tilt either.

I'm so curious about the human perception of things.
Disorders like anorexia for example... People see something in the mirror, and see a monster.
People see a subject, and tilt the camera almost 45° and think "Perfect!"

I just don't know why... People are interesting things.

The tilt was result of the angle I had to shoot in order to get this shot. I for one love the angle but that's my opinion. I did say I welcome feedback, but not hostility.

Its where I was having to stand to get that shot, only way to get it how I wanted was at the angle. I for one love the picture and get tons of compliments on it, everyone is entitles to their opinion. I just don't see the problem with an angled picture but that's just my opinion.

Too much tilt! How to fix it? Don't tilt the camera! :)

What you are taking as hostility is just the feedback from the information supplied. Its coming out that there was a reason for the angle you took the shot from. Without that information it just looks like someone who doesnt know any better, trying to be different took a picure from a bad angle and posts it on the internet, saying arent I clever for doing this. If you had supplied some information along with your photo then with a better understanding why you did it would certainly soften the comments made. Im sure you have heard the expression "garbage in garbage out". It seems to fit here nicely so to paraphrase that a bit "nothing in nothing out". It never hurts to explain what your intentions were or why you think your shot is worth posting especially when its such a break of the rules such as this shot.

Most reactions

Back