YAY. My lighting setup has officially begun

DeepSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshualights.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today I got a light stand x2, flash clamp, pc sync cords, silver umbrealla, reflector, and reflector holder.

I took a few shots already w/ the 430ex into the umbrella and it looks abouit 100% better. I'm excited, my portable studio is starting to emerge.

I just need to get an nd filter for my 70-200 because I have no more high speed sync for those portraits outside.

The ND filter would have the same affect as upping the aperture. Unless ofcourse that isn't an option depth of field wise, or because you're already at f/16 lol.

A cheap umbrella and stand are the next things I'm buying :)

I'd like to keep control of the depth of field. Those pesky kids at parks liek to be in the background when i shoot at the park :er:

I made a mistake when I got a few filters for my nifty fifty, I got them in the 55mm flavor then comes along the 70-200 which likes the 67mm flavor so I need to get them again.

Learned my lesson, step down rings for now on.

Yeah that bites. Actually good that you mention it. I wouldn't have considered ND grad, and the problem with high-speed sync even when it does work with remotes is that it makes you unable to fire a full power. A must if you're trying to out-power the sun. I'll have to remember it :)

Most reactions

Back